Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The strange client

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
11 of 12

Amine - This is how I interpret it. 

1. client funded 1st milestone, which was funded for the extra slides. You completed the work. Watermarked the files and sent the files to the client  
  2. client released 1st milestone, funded 2nd milestone and released 2nd milestone fund. 
  3. Client didn't fund the 3rd milestone which would involve you sending the files without the watermark. 

Therefore the job is not completed and can not be completed until the client funds the 3rd milestone, Unless that 3rd milestone is funded, do not send him the files without the watermark as what you probably know, the client will not fund that last milestone. 

If this client disputes, so be it. You are not going to lose your account because of a dispute. And you are not required to complete a job if escrow is not funded. That is precisely what escrow is for. It holds the funds until the job is completed. It shows a freelancer that the client does have the money and does intend to pay.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
12 of 12

Kathy T wrote:

Amine - This is how I interpret it. 

1. client funded 1st milestone, which was funded for the extra slides. You completed the work. Watermarked the files and sent the files to the client  
  2. client released 1st milestone, funded 2nd milestone and released 2nd milestone fund. 
  3. Client didn't fund the 3rd milestone which would involve you sending the files without the watermark. 

Therefore the job is not completed and can not be completed until the client funds the 3rd milestone, Unless that 3rd milestone is funded, do not send him the files without the watermark as what you probably know, the client will not fund that last milestone. 

If this client disputes, so be it. You are not going to lose your account because of a dispute. And you are not required to complete a job if escrow is not funded. That is precisely what escrow is for. It holds the funds until the job is completed. It shows a freelancer that the client does have the money and does intend to pay.

That's how I intrepreted it at first, too, but Amine does say that the third milestone was to pay for reviews and changes, and the client didn't request any changes. Therefore the job was finished after the second milestone. It's still unfair because the milestones were probably split into thirds and he undoubtedly did more than two-thirds of the work, but I'm not sure if he has grounds for a dispute.

Amine, if you're worried about your JSS, you do realise that as a top-rated freelancer, you might be able to get the bad feedback removed? There's more information here. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS