Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The system doesn't accept my VAT number

Highlighted
Gabor O Member Since: Apr 18, 2018
1 of 7

Hi there,

I tried to put my VAT number on my profile but I get this message every time: Please re-submit your taxpayer information for VAT.

I checked on VIES website and my VAT number is perfectly valid. I tried in many formats but I get the same message every time.

Help me, please.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 7

Hi Gabor,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Gabor O Member Since: Apr 18, 2018
3 of 7

Thank you.

Highlighted
Ervan Alexandros B Member Since: Aug 8, 2020
4 of 7

Hello there, I am facing a similar issue. The system response is always "Please re-submit your taxpayer information for VAT". I have confirmed and validated my VAT through the Dutch authorities and through https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/vatResponse.html. UpWork though still doesn't accept my valid VAT number. Please let me know what should I do

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
5 of 7

Hi Ervan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Ervan Alexandros B Member Since: Aug 8, 2020
6 of 7

Hello there I am facing a similar issue and have already verified my VAT number. We couldn't fix the problem the previous time either. 

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
7 of 7

Hi Ervan,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS