🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: There are really no jobs or some issue i...
Page options
gargankita0210
Community Member

There are really no jobs or some issue in the system?

I am not sure what happened but nowadays there are very less job or no jobs getting posted. My feed has no new suggestions. Can somebody help?

**Edited for community guidelines**

7 REPLIES 7
tomzilla1
Community Member

I've been wondering the same thing since June. I don't know if it's the economy or what, but since June, it has been this way, at first I thought it was "summer" but, here we are in September still same issue.

Exactly !! There are less matched projects coming up and now I feel like that I am gradually losing hope to get something from Upwork. 😞 

Me too im starting to feel the same way here.  **edited for Community Guidelines**

Tom Z wrote:

I've been wondering the same thing since June. I don't know if it's the economy or what, but since June, it has been this way, at first I thought it was "summer" but, here we are in September still same issue.

Maybe there's simply less demand for the services you provide Tom and you're going to have to adapt?

In my space, there is plenty of demand, so I also have to wonder whats going on. I copied the text of my profile to a job site ( not a freelance site) , and I am getting a boatload of activity for contract work. So it looks like I will just play the local contract market. 

I really, really want to work exclusively on Upwork because it is definitely the best platform in my opinion. I started in Feb and had enough success to believe that I could expand, but starting in July the well seems to have dried up. 

John D wrote:

I really, really want to work exclusively on Upwork because it is definitely the best platform in my opinion. I started in Feb and had enough success to believe that I could expand, but starting in July the well seems to have dried up. 

Working exclusively on Upwork (or anywhere) is one of the worst ideas a freelancer could possibly have. Possiblly the single most important piece of advice a freelancer/small business owner can get is "never rely on one channel for all of your income."

Well at least it didn't take me long to learn that.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members