🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Took my Rising Talent Badge Back. Why?
Page options
usmangull1
Community Member

There are showing up a red sign instead of a green tick

I got the 'Rising Talent' badge couple of days ago. When I am trying to apply for those jobs which required 'Include Rising Talent: Yes'. There are showing up a red sign instead of a green tick.

Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).png

52 REPLIES 52
yashm17
Community Member

Hi there,

I recently noticed that Upwork took my Rising talent badge back. I don't exactly know the reason why Upwork did this. After all I am 5 star rated on every work I finished. Please review and let me know asap.

It is showing the Rising Talent on "My Stats" page but not relfecting on my profile page. Please take a look in this issue and do let me know.

Thank you!

petra_r
Community Member

Yash M wrote:

I recently noticed that Upwork took my Rising talent badge back.

They didn't

yash.png

yashm17
Community Member

Hey Petra,
Thank you for your quick response.

I appreciate you looked into my profile and gave me update. However, I was worried because it isn't showing on my computer. Take a look.

petra_r
Community Member

Yash M wrote:

I was worried because it isn't showing on my computer. 

click here.png

yashm17
Community Member

Lol. It seems Upwork has a serious issues with me, I guess.

Viewing as others see.

Capture.PNG

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yash,

I checked and was able to replicate the issue. It appears the badge doesn't show when you view your own profile. We'll have this escalated for further investigation and will be updating you via a ticket.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
d636ec4a
Community Member

Hi, 

My "rising talent" badge shows on my profile, but when I go to a proposal page I am not getting a green check mark next to the 'Include Rising talent" requirement. I also thought as a "rising talent" perk you could chat directly with support. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sam,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this issue.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
0bcb8f49
Community Member

I see Rising Talent badge in my profile,but I don't meet qualification for Rising Talent in job.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, William.

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork
0bcb8f49
Community Member

My problem was solved via a support ticket.

Thanks for your help.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Usman,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser? If you`re still experiencing the same problem, please send me the job post URL via PM (click on my name). Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,
I have tried after clearing the cache and cookies also into another browser, still facing the same problem. I am facing this problem with all jobs which required the rising talent.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Usman.

I'm sorry to hear that issue persists. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
romanym
Community Member

Hi 
sorry if it is repeated 
I got a badge in my profile but in job search i am not allowed to submit propsals that includes Rising Talent.
Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Romany,

I was not able to replicate the issue you're describing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have received a Rising Talent badge, but when I apply for jobs, it shows that I do not meet the Rising Talent criteria. Can someone please take a look?

In addition, it seems that being Rising Talent provides access to a special customer services support team. How do I contact this customer services support team for questions? Is there a way to send questions without using the community forum?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Joyce.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concerns. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
vasapoj
Community Member

Hello,

I have the "Rising talent" badge, but when I open up a client's job description, in their "preferred qualifications" is that "I do not meet the criteria of being the rising talent" (see the attached screenshot).. Which is a nonsense because I am one. Do you know what the problem is please?

ibidapo88
Community Member

I got a rising talent badge 3 days ago.
But when I submit a proposal, Upwork doesn't recognize it.

capture.PNG

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ibidapo.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
zaiddaoud
Community Member

I can see the rising talent badge on my profile ... however, when looking at preferred qualifications in jobs, it shows a red exclamation mark next to Rising Talent ... does this mean that the client will not see me as Rising Talent? Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zaid,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
rinakvina
Community Member

I received an email that says I got a Rising talented status.

But, on My Stats page, rising talent badge doesn't show.

And while I'm bidding on the job, I'm not deemed as Rising talent.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Koushik,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
rinakvina
Community Member

I clear cache, cookies and relogin to the upwork. but it's still the same.

Koushik and others,

I'd like to provide an update that we have a known issues with Rising Talent status updating and displaying incorrectly. Our engineers are looking to fix it as soon as possible and we'll keep this thread updated about the progress. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
b080df17
Community Member

Hello. I have a rising talent but when I apply for a job where it's needed, the program tells me I don't have it. And when I see my profile as a buyer there is no "Rising talent" mark on it.

Cheers,
Sofi:high_voltage:️
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you, Sofiia.

This is a known issue and our engineers are looking into it. We appreciate your patience while our team is working on fixing this issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork
olarahman
Community Member

Hi guys, I just got the Rising Talent Badge a few hours ago. However, when i wanted to apply for a job with a rising talent requirement, i am being notified that i am not qualified. Please what could be the problem? PS: I can see the badge on my profile.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul-Rahman,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Our engineers are looking into this known issue and will resolve it as soon as possible. We'll keep this thread updated about the progress. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
olarahman
Community Member

Thank you very much

I know there's already a ton of posts about this, but they all seem to be resolved when somebody from Upwork responds to them, so here is mine:

I was awarded Rising Talent a few days ago (it has been over 48 hours) but I have not received the 30 connects.  There are a few jobs I would love to make proposals for right now - should I just buy some connects or wait for the 30 from Rising Talent?  Or is there something else going on?  Thanks!

Hi Matt,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

When I am applying on some jobs there are showing red mark in raising talent and I have clear the exam, job success score is 100 and profile completion is also 100%. Please check attached screenshot. 

Thanks

Amin

Hi Amin, 

I would like to confirm that our team is aware of this and is working on resolving it as soon as possible. If the job is the right fit for your experience and skills do not hesitate to send a proposal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

Thank you very much for your response. I'll wait for fix that issue.

Many thanks.

Amin

Hello Goran,

I am checking now but still issue is not fix I think. Can you help me when it will reflect?

Thanks

Amin

I got a rising talent badge a few days ago but 30 free connects were not issued to my account yet. Please help me with this. I can’t contact the support team directly for some reason.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths