🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » There's some really weird and suspicious job ...
Page options
0b0bbb53
Community Member

There's some really weird and suspicious job posts.....

I recently found a weird job post, picture attached below. This dude keeps posting the same job, and every time he posts, he increases the budget by 10$ . He's got like 17 "Job in Progress" (17*10 = 170$ hmmmm) and almost 100 copies of the same job post. He's got 0 reviews lol. The fact that he increases the budget by 10$ every time is extremely suspicious and could even be a new type of scam going on. Any thoughts?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

7 REPLIES 7
759e32fa

Hi Arjun,

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting this. I've shared your report with our team to further look into this client and we will take appropriate actions if needed as per our internal processes.

~ AJ
Upwork

"If needed"?  Lol!

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Not absolutely sure, but these are people who want to publish their app on another person's account, so some bad outcome (this is the part I'm not sure about) will not be on their account. 

cyber_sec007
Community Member

Yeah, probably the person blocked from the app stores... special kudos for the screenshot file naming convention...!

renata101
Community Member

The client page looks odd. The client has been hiring since April and so far no one's been paid.

fb49ce2e
Community Member

I like that you named the screenshot PNG files wtf1, wtf2, wtf3. LOL!

pgiambalvo
Community Member

This does seem like it could be some kind of scam.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths