🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » There was a time...
Page options
oquintela
Community Member

There was a time...

... when I could more or less easily contact customer support. Two or three years ago I easily managed to get the bot to allow me to chat to an agent. Not anymore. It has all been turned into a nightmare. I've been trying to get an answer in the last 48 hours or so.

The question is pretty simple: can I move a relationship that started in 2019 outside of Upwork? The relationship with this client was not continuous, that is, there was a month more or less where there was no contract in place. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Olga Q wrote: The question is pretty simple: can I move a relationship that started in 2019 outside of Upwork?

The answer is "Yes". You could even if that client never hired you on Upwork or you only worked with them for 5 minutes. It's when you "met" on Upwork that matters.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
petra_r
Community Member

Olga Q wrote: The question is pretty simple: can I move a relationship that started in 2019 outside of Upwork?

The answer is "Yes". You could even if that client never hired you on Upwork or you only worked with them for 5 minutes. It's when you "met" on Upwork that matters.

oquintela
Community Member

THANKS, Petra!

I figured that might  be the case but wanted to hear it from a reliable source. It's amazing how little it took you to help me. There's a few moderators working now and no one bothered to clarify me. We're lucky we have Petra otherwise...

759e32fa

Hi Olga,

I am sorry for the delay the negative experience in contacting support. I would be happy to help.

An Upwork relationship starts when a client and freelancer contract with each other for the first time. This is typically when a client purchases a project on Project Catalog or accepts a freelancer's job proposal.

If you've been working together for more than two years and you're planning to take a relationship off Upwork, we recommend giving us a heads-up first so we can make an official note of it.

One of our agents will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks, AJ. Petra has already helped me.

AJ, your agent is driving me nuts. He's not addressing my reply to his/her email, he's just regurgitating stuff. I'm very, very pissed off.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry for this experience, Olga. We've relayed your concern to the team and have shared your feedback about your experience with how the ticket was handled. 

~ Avery
Upwork
oquintela
Community Member

Avery, I just want a real human being handling this. I already know that I can move the relationship outside of Upwork. If you want me to give you a heads up then it's entirely up to you. I don't care anymore. If I get an email again that is clearly regurgitated I won't even bother to respond.

I am curious about who at Upwork would need a "heads up" about the expiration of the exclusivity period, and why.

When it runs out, it runs out. End of story. Anything that happens after that is none of Upwork's business.

You're exactily right, but I wouldn't mind giving them a heads up if they handled it in a manner that is simple and easy. Because it is not,  it just seems they want to punish me.

chillynguyen
Community Member

I'm glad that Petra has already helped you out. I just want to say that I've just contacted with a real agent through the chatbox yesterday.

The keyword I typed in the box was "chat with an agent". After that, the AI was no longer sending me articles.

p.s: Make sure that you usse the "Get support" chatbox here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Not the "Get support" chatbox in the community room.

Thanks, but the fact is I don't see a "Get support" chatbox in https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us, that's why I 1st tried messaging a community moderator and after no answer was provided I had no choice but post a question here.

It's in the right bottom.

chillynguyen_0-1651570778144.png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths