🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » These files will be scanned and any active ob...
Page options
hassan-manzoor81
Community Member

These files will be scanned and any active objects will be removed

Because some files have the potential to be harmful, we remove certain objects, such as macros and password-protected content.

15 REPLIES 15
markman-nora
Community Member

I have the same problem.(

Hi Hassan and Nora,

As confirmed by our team, the notification is to inform you that the file you have attached will be scanned by our system before it will be sent to the client. This is to ensure the safety and security of our freelancers and clients as they use the platform. Please continue sending the proposal, and if any error messages prevent you from sending it, please feel free to let us know so we can check.

~ Joanne
Upwork
aniedra
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I believe it is a good feature for a lot of jobs, but as a freelancer mostly specializing in creating VBA macros, I just wanted to share with you feedback that this update does not allow me to send any example macro (to showcase my skills to a potential new client who most probably is searcing for VBA developer). 

Just suggesting that maybe there is a chance to enable macros when job description falls into "Excel VBA" or similar categories.

BR,

Arta

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for your feedback, Arta, I will share it with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi guys, I've faced an error while uploading my skill images in attachments after this I couldn't submit my proposal. Please suggest me the right way so I can upload my skill images and submit the proposal.

Hi Abdul,

The notification is letting you know that the files will be scanned and any active objects will be removed. However, you should be able to submit your proposal with this notification. Could you please check again? In case you are unable to submit the proposal, please share a screenshot from your end so that we can take a look.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I'm facing still error you can see my screenshot. I scaned my image throught on scan mobile app and upload in attachments but couldn't submit my porposal.

Hi Abdul,

Could you please let me know what's happening after you click on the 'Submit Proposal' button? Can you share a screenshot of the events after so that I can check?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

When sending proposal it is not sent whereas there are no errors mentioned. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Altaf,

The notification is letting you know that the files will be scanned and any active objects will be removed. However, you should be able to submit your proposal with this notification. If you're experiencing any other problems or issues on your end, feel free to follow up with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
3f4421af
Community Member

Hi, I have a video in Mp4 which I have attached with every proposal. The video contains only the screen shot of my sample work with clients having background music. "No password, no hidden attachments in it". Will this be qualified or blocked on sender's end?

11471b71
Community Member

thanks Joanne marie

okisatria
Community Member

I have some problems too and I can't send my proposal to the client.

Hi Satria,

Could you please follow the instructions Aleksandar shared in his post:

• The notification is letting you know that the files will be scanned and any active objects will be removed. However, you should be able to submit your proposal with this notification. Could you please check again? In case you are unable to submit the proposal, please share a screenshot from your end so that we can take a look.

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 7.17.56 PM.png

Trying to submit a proposal, I ran into the same problem. This thread didnt help much as I am still unable to submit my proposal. I tried attaching up to 10 images still nothing. Does it have to do with the file size? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members