🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: These proposals are either not relevant t...
Page options
deepaksharma69
Community Member

These proposals are either not relevant to your job, or may not meet one or more of your job qualifi

Hello,

I think most of my paid proposals are going to the "Other Proposals" section in the client's review proposals area as shown in the enclosed screenshot.

"These proposals are either not relevant to your job, or may not meet one or more of your job qualifications like previous work history, availability, or skills."

I would really appreciate if you could guide me to avoid such type of situation. I contacted Upwork support but unfortunately, I am not satisfied with the support. 

Thank you!

Deepak Sharma

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Deepak S wrote:

Thank you for your reply Varun. The country is not an issue with that job post, but maybe the job requirements. However, while submitting the proposal I always noticed this message "Since the client is looking for someone who specializes in Web Design, we will submit your Web Design profile with this proposal. Do you want to review your Web Design profile first?" But, I think my paid proposal still going to the "Other proposals" section. I think that is the main reason I am not getting any message from clients and no product even I have verified profile with decent earnings and feedback.

I don't see any reason why your proposals should not reach your prospective clients, but your first feedback with 1 stars is not good, and you have a number of those, that might be really hard to recover from. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
varungs
Community Member

Sadly, many clients specify which country they want their freelancer to be from (eg. United States, United Kingdom) because they think it's a reflection of quality. If you don't meet the requirements specified by the client (either regarding country choice or anything else), then you'll appear in that menu. It's safer to propose to jobs where you meet all the requirements that the client has set.

Thank you for your reply Varun. The country is not an issue with that job post, but maybe the job requirements. However, while submitting the proposal I always noticed this message "Since the client is looking for someone who specializes in Web Design, we will submit your Web Design profile with this proposal. Do you want to review your Web Design profile first?" But, I think my paid proposal still going to the "Other proposals" section. I think that is the main reason I am not getting any message from clients and no product even I have verified profile with decent earnings and feedback.

Deepak S wrote:

I don't see any reason why your proposals should not reach your prospective clients, but your first feedback with 1 stars is not good, and you have a number of those, that might be really hard to recover from. 

Could you please suggest provide me some tips to overcome these negative feedbacks?

Deepak S wrote:

even I have verified profile with decent earnings and feedback.

Your "decent" feedback is overshadowed by the poor feedback... Any client who looks down even just the first page of your feedback history will have grave concerns.

petra_r
Community Member

... closing the account was a little extreme as far as reactions go, wasn't it?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths