🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » They don't pay me and the contract is open
Page options
0cbb012c
Community Member

They don't pay me and the contract is open

I have signed a contract that ended on 31 December 2021 and they say me they would pay me after the quality check was passed. Now, on 24/01/2022 they have not payed me and they don't reply to my questions. What can I do?

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Have you submitted for payment?

0cbb012c
Community Member

I can not submitted for payment because the milestone that is activated is only for a little part of the work, the rest they said to me they want first to check. I think that if I submit for payment the actually milestone they can close the contract

No they can't just close the contract when you submit for payment, but it's unlikely you will get paid for the work you submitted without a funded milestone. 

abbas_tauseef
Community Member

Well, I sense a scam here. If the milestone was not funded, you were not supposed to perform the work and submit it. It is also against the Terms and Conditions. 

Tauseef A wrote:

Well, I sense a scam here. If the milestone was not funded, you were not supposed to perform the work and submit it. It is also against the Terms and Conditions. 

It isn't. Nobody will get punished for this. It's just highly recommended to never work on an unfunded milestone. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Giulia:

I can assure you that you are using the Upwork system incorrectly. You will probably not get paid as you expected for this project.

But it is good news that this is your fault. Because it means that YOU HAVE THE POWER.

You can learn from your mistakes, and change how you work in the future, and this achieve a different outcome next time.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members