🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Things that would help freelancers
Page options
raofdesigns
Community Member

Things that would help freelancers

A couple of suggestions I think would be helpful for Upwork.

1. To be able to set a minium price that people can offer you a job invite for when invited. It would really help filter out lowballers, especially when the offer is well below your hourly rate.

2. I read that not accepting job invites promptly can harm your JSS. Could we please have a feature we can turn on that states we are not at our desk but will review their invite during office hours? Many clients forget people are in different time zones/don't work 7 days a week. It would be good if we good politely stall clients over the weekend in a way that shows we aren't ignoring them but can't start this second either.

3. To be able to flag job posts that state their budget is $5,000 or similar, but when you read through the post it's more like $5. This is false advertising and really frustrating too.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Rachael wrote:

2. I read that not accepting job invites promptly can harm your JSS. 

You read wrong

3. To be able to flag job posts that state their budget is $5,000 or similar, but when you read through the post it's more like $5. This is false advertising and really frustrating too.

there is a "flag as inappropriate" button on every job post

Ok, well some clarification would be helpful if that's not the case. Also when you flag a job you can say it's innapropriate yes but not that the budget is misleading. Just trying to improve the user experience here!

Rachael O wrote:

1. Ok, well some clarification would be helpful if that's not the case.

2. Also when you flag a job you can say it's innapropriate yes but not that the budget is misleading. 

1. It's not the case.

2. Why?  What's stopping you from saying so?

wlyonsatl
Community Member

The current system works  pretty well for me, but Upwork could improve both the client and freelancer experience if freelancers could enter their minimum hourly rates and clients could set a minimum rate on their projects or in their search for freelancers to invite to submit proposals.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Rachael,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We have been implementing and testing various initiatives that are intended to educate clients about rates and budgets for similar jobs and help clients create job posts that provide all the information a freelancer needs to know before submitting a proposal. Additionally, the terms of any contract, including the rate, are for clients and freelancers to negotiate and decide upon together. We often see situations where the budget of the contract is higher than the original budget in the job posting as a result of the information discussed during the interview. 

I'd also like to add that you can report any job posting using the Flag as Inappropriate option that will also have an option for you to provide more information. If the job is in violation of Upwork TOS, the team will action it.

I'd like to confirm that the information Petra shared is correct and invites have no affect on the Job Success Score. Only outcomes of contracts are included in JSS. Please, see this help article for more information. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members