cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This JSS is so FRAUSTRATING , it just Dropped for no apparent reason..

ex0d
Bilal M Member Since: Jul 28, 2016
1 of 28

Hello upwork community,
First i'd like to say thanks for the great content !
i just had this problem 2 hours ago when my JSS dropped from 100% to 96% from nowhere .
My score always been 100% from nearly a year ago , i had no new feedbacks nor new clients , nothing for the last 3 months or 4 , i know that it updated every 2 weeks , and i'm pretty sure nothing happens in the last 2 weeks all my clients are happy nearly every one send bonuses.
And even if that not the case no feedback submitted in the last.. at least 3 months , i only have long term clients with open projects , i'm very confused and sad cause i've worked very hard to satisfy my clients completely , i did lot of sacrifice just to make sure my JSS is always on top.
In my history in this platform i only had this just one problem in a project Jul 2016 and was entirely the client fault and he didn't even give a feedback , and i was very happy that it didn't hurt my JSS.
Otherwise i'm really really sure nothing happened.
The only thing that i'm thinking of is one of my clients get an email similar to this one :
Sans titre-1.jpg

if that the case i can say that this JSS system is great but it's hurting this platform , it's set for a perfect world when all the projects is going 100% top at all the course of the project , this score should only calculated on the outcome of the project cause in the course of the project anything can go wrong freelancers are not robots they are humans they will have problems , challenges , difficult times sometimes etc..
the only things matter is when the project ended and the clients is totally or not satisfied that's what should be calculated , other than that it's a big mistake .
for me i've done lot of sacrifice to keep my JSS intact but unfortunately it dropped today for no apparent reason especially when all my clients are happy , i've done nearly one hour chat with one of the agent and she/he didn't come up with a specific reason why it drops. This really frustrating no one can work in an such environment , and i'm sure lot of great freelancers leaves upwork cause of this , for me i'll finish my current contracts (in favor  of my great clients) and i'll just leave .
thanks for reading all of this , have a good day everyone .

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 28

It's unfortunate that you felt like you had to invest an hour of your valuable time in trying to learn exactly what caused your JSS to drop from perfect to excellent. I think your theory that a lot of freelancers will leave Upwork over a 4 point drop in JSS is probably off base.

ex0d
3 of 28

Thanks for replying Tiffany , yeah you probably right , but when you make sure to cover every tiny details about your projects and then you got this in a period when everything can't be better with no specific reason or anyone to answer you , you'll get very disappointed , i mean if i deserve that so be it , but i'm telling you i'm really perfectionist and everything is going really well with all of my clients .
+ i'm not talking about the -4 JSS drop , if this happened to me it can happen for any body by any level , i'm discussing the system itself

PS : i hit the accept button thought it will accept the comment for some reason .

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 28

I'm not disputing that it can happen to anyone at any time--my JSS started at 94 and worked its way up to 100, then 99, then 98, now it's 100 again...they're all numbers that keep me top rated and make prospective clients happy, so I don't give it much thought.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 28

Bilal, if by leave you mean you're no longer going to look for work, that's your prerogative though I think you're overreacting, but if you're thinking of terminating the account, what would be the point? If you ever change your mind, you can never come back, and it's not as though it costs anything to have an account and who knows, you may get an invitation that appeals to you. Consider how many freelancers would love to be in your position, top rated, 5 star reviews, and there's no shame in JS less than 100%, take it from me, all the years at oDesk/Upwork, I've never been higher than 99% JS, and if it can drop 4%, it can jump back up as easily. 

Incidentally, that's an interesting screenshot you provided, I've never seen anything like it myself, in almost 300 jobs completed.

6 of 28

Thanks for the reply John i really appreciate it , but i'm moving forward with my personal project so i'll not mind quitting freelancing , but it's a good extra income to be honest the only problem it can get really stressful sometime especially when you try to fully satisfy your clients , after all the stress you get this JSS reward , so it's time to quit and focus on my future projects .

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 28

@John K wrote:

Bilal, if by leave you mean you're no longer going to look for work, that's your prerogative though I think you're overreacting, but if you're thinking of terminating the account, what would be the point? If you ever change your mind, you can never come back.

He could come back. Closed accounts can be revived with a few mouseclicks by customer service.

However, I totally agree that closing an account because of something like this is overkill Smiley Wink

jessicasimko
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
8 of 28

@Bilal M wrote:

Sans titre-1.jpg

Can a moderator please explain what this is? Is this new? Is it another form of private feedback that goes into our JSS scores? 

ex0d
9 of 28

Yeah i asked that agent in the chat included this image and he/she refused to answer , throwing the privacy flag on my face , yeah i respect that but at least you can tell me why it happened in the first place so i can make sure to not repeat that mistake at least so i'll improve the clients experience ...

jessicasimko
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
10 of 28

@Bilal M wrote:

Yeah i asked that agent in the chat included this image and he/she refused to answer , throwing the privacy flag on my face , yeah i respect that but at least you can tell me why it happened in the first place so i can make sure to not repeat that mistake at least so i'll improve the clients experience ...

How did you get this email? Were you the client in this project?  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS