cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This JSS is so FRAUSTRATING , it just Dropped for no apparent reason..

ex0d
Bilal M Member Since: Jul 28, 2016
11 of 28

Yes exactly .

jessicasimko
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
12 of 28

@Bilal M wrote:

Yes exactly .

Wow. So they are collecting private feedback early on too....yet never said so.... 

ex0d
13 of 28

See that's exactly what i said to the agent , told her that i read this article :
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-My-Job-Success-Score
Over and over and i coudln't find any apparent reason why my JSS dropped when my clients are happy and sending bonuses ...

jessicasimko
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
14 of 28

Projects can drop out of the time frame but if you always have been 100% and there is nothing new, I don't know...  

Private feedback is wrong on so many levels ... mostly because you never know what or why and can't ever improve from it. 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
15 of 28

Hi Jessica,

The Job Success Score is still being calculated taking into account the same factors as before, including the private feedback clients leave after ending a job. We do regularly conduct surveys in order to asses and improve processes we use on Upwork, but the feedback we receive, like in the case above, is not included in the Job Success Score's calculation, which is based on the outcome of the contracts a freelancer has had in the last 24 months.

Untitled
ex0d
16 of 28

Exactly i think it's fair enough to consider the outcome of the project , we all know nearly all the project (especially long term project) it can have some sort of inconsistency at some point but what really matters is the final outcome if the client is satisfied or not , other then that will hurt the freelancers and causes frustration.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
17 of 28

Your oldest "in progress" contract - when was that last active? Contracts that have been inactive for months will hit your JSS eventually.

Those mid contract surveys have been around for years - I am pretty certain they do not count against or towards your JSS!

ex0d
18 of 28

Hello Perta , thanks for your reply , you're definitely one of the top high profile in this community !

Im constantly working on all of my projects and i have earnings from them , i asked the same question on the agent if its that's the case for the drop on my JSS , the agent replied with some sort of yearly calculation percentages, and going back and forth we reached the privacy red line , and i couldn't get a proper answer why it occurred in the first place , i mean this sort of information will not effect the privacy and can potentially make the freelancers improve thier clients experience in this platform .

edwardhew
Ace Contributor
Edward H Member Since: Dec 7, 2015
19 of 28

What if clients refuse to close jobs? I've closed a few projects long after (maybe a month) they were paused due to inactivity, I have one paused job now that I really want to close, why do we get hit when clients don't care to close jobs themselves. I've had multiple clients who priased and thanked me, but they never bother to rate or close project. Initially I thought I could take the hit to a little JSS drop by clearning up my completed open jobs, but eventually got a client that fired me because I delayed his project by a week, he was extremely unreasonable, yet he wanted to rehire me after firing me maybe 2-3 weeks later when he failed to find a replacement, unbelievable. So my JSS went down to sub 90% lost top rated badge, and nowadays every client wants 90%+ JSS. I'm now back where I started more than a year ago when I started on Upwork.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
20 of 28

Bilal, you stated in your original post:

" i had no new feedbacks nor new clients , nothing for the last 3 months or 4 , "

which isn't true, is it?

You have a very recently closed contract from a client I would never, ever have worked with after looking at the feedback they left for their freelancers.

You are top rated. You have the perk to remove the JSS impact of one contract from your JSS calculation once every quarter or once every 10 contracts.

If the 96% bothers you really that much, and there is no need for it to, get the impact of that contract removed frm your JSS calculation and move on.

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS