cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This JSS is so FRAUSTRATING , it just Dropped for no apparent reason..

ex0d
Bilal M Member Since: Jul 28, 2016
21 of 28

You are right this is my last 2 feedbacks , last one is early april but i can't think of one reason that client will submit any negative feedback cause I've finish the projecr in a record time + he rehire me for an open project hourly rate  (+ bonus) the other one back to February and was also very happy client as you can see from the feedback .

Screenshot_3.png

About the top rated perk , i never heard of it , i'll take a look at the help section thanks a lot .

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
22 of 28

@Bilal M wrote:

You are right this is my last 2 feedbacks , last one is early april but i can't think of one reason that client will submit any negative feedback

You have done very few contracts (in the overall scheme of things) which means that any slight factor (good or bad) has a significant impact.

That client frequently gives bad feedback, so it is not inconceivable that they gave less than perfect scores in one or more of the private feedback questions.

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
23 of 28

"in the course of the project anything can go wrong freelancers are not robots they are humans they will have problems , challenges , difficult times sometimes"

Exactly. But if problems, challenges and difficult times result in anything less than a perfect customer experience, then does that experience deserve to be rated at 100%? Anything can go wrong in a restaurant as well, because it's run by humans and not robots, but if your food isn't hot, takes ages to arrive and they got your order wrong... would you still leave five stars on Trip Advisor?

The main thing is... if your clients are happy with the result, and they hire you again, then it really doesn't matter what your JSS is. Sure, it might matter to new clients, but I'd be very surprised if 96% is going to scare anybody off.

Feel free to leave, but why did you come here in the first place? Was it to find clients, earn money, get repeat business? Or did you specifically think to yourself "I'm going to sign up to Upwork as they have something called a JSS, and I want to achieve and maintain a 100% score". If it was the latter, then fair enough. If it was the former, then nothing has changed. You still have the ability to find clients, earn money and get repeat business. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
dzadza
Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
24 of 28

I recently closed a few projects - the ones that were dragging on forever, with clients missing in action, not providing feedback and basically not communicating at all. I had a few of those from May last year! At some point I remember UpWork closing projects after some time of inactivity - but those projects (along with some projects imported from Elance) remained open. So, I decided to close them - and sure thing, my JSS dropped to 89%

I recently had one "client from hell" and that bad feedback didn't help, lol

So - I guess we should avoid closing projects ourselves. On the other hand, if you have 20 open projects, that might impact your chance of getting new work. Same impact has 89% JSS. I don't really see a solution here  

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
25 of 28

Hi Sanja,

We encourage freelancers to communicate with clients regularly and work with them on closing their contract once the final product is delivered. Freelancers should consider closing inactive contracts themselves if their clients aren't responding to their requests, in order to avoid the negative effect inactive contracts may have on their Job Success Score.

Untitled
dzadza
Community Guru
26 of 28

Hi Vladimir,

thanks for clarification. However - those contracts were open for quite a while (and I had that bad feedback for quite a while, too), and I had recently finished several jobs with very good feedback - but my JSS dropped anyway ;-)

I know that some "good" projects dropped from the list for JSS update, but new ones showed up, so I'm still not sure why that drop in JSS...

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
27 of 28

Hi Sanja,

We can't advise on specific Job Success Score concerns but will note that having a pattern of contracts with no feedback can affect the Job Success Score, as well as the private feedback clients leave.

Untitled
dzadza
Community Guru
28 of 28

Yup - that's the reason - I closed the job - I got no feedback, because the client is MIA. ;-)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS