🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » This Job is no longer available
Page options
ibnekayesh
Community Member

This Job is no longer available

I'm a newbie freelancer. After a long time getting hired the first time. I keep trying to send proposals that are capable, but always I failed! 

Today I faced an issue and I just want to know what happened with this job. whats is Upwork proposal policy?
A job is posted 9 hours ago.
5-10 proposals
No Interviews
No Invitations
No hired
When I sent proposals, I see here 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places no one bid.
Then within 5 minutes, these messages are shown "This Job is no longer available" and then show hired 1.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

That is no big mystery. The client hired one person and closed the job posting. What upwork policy are you referring to?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

That is no big mystery. The client hired one person and closed the job posting. What upwork policy are you referring to?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Should I understand it as if the client has not closed the job and hired someone, I can still apply?

Please have a look at both job ads. One is closed with one person hired, and the other is not closed but three people are hired. So, in that case, what should I do? Should I apply when the job is still open? I think Upwork should either explicitly encourage clients to close the job after hiring or at least provide freelancers with the assurance that they can still apply.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths