🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » “This client doesn’t accept contract proposal...
Page options
wlyonsatl
Community Member

“This client doesn’t accept contract proposals.”

I recently closed a project with a problematic client as soon as I saw their account had been suspended by Upwork (likely for ongoing payment problems, but that’s just a guess). 

When I click on “Propose New Contract” on the client’s Upwork page I see the message, “This client doesn’t accept contract proposals.” Do clients have the choice of whether they accept new contract proposals from freelancers they previously worked with, or is this Upwork’s way of saying this client no longer has access to their Upwork account?

And no, I have no interest in working with this clown again. I’m just wondering if this account will ever be unsuspended. Or is suspension a permanent decision by Upwork, meaning I have no reason to check whether he leaves feedback for me for the closed project during the 14-day reply window?

4 REPLIES 4
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi WIll,

Yes, this is an option which is available to freelancers and to your question, you are right on both accounts. Clients do have a choice but if they are suspended this option would be not be available on their end. You can find more information in this Help article.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thank you for the prompt reply, Vladimir.

Just to confirm - are suspended clients ever unsuspended by Upwork?

I was once worked for a client who was suspended for creating two accounts, one in his own name and one in his company's name (he hadn't read the small print). He was unsuspended when he cancelled one of them. My contract was also temporarily put on hold. 

It sounds like your client made an honest mistake that he rectified, Nichola.

I think its fair that Upwork would un-suspend him once he set things right.

I'm guessing my guy's indiscretions were a bit less innocent.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members