🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » This client's account is on a temporary hold....
Page options
ana-raj
Community Member

This client's account is on a temporary hold. Once the issue is resolved, you can accept their offer

Hi,I need a help.
when I am going to accept the offer,there is showing an error that " This client's account is on a temporary hold. Once the issue is resolved, you can accept their offer."
What is this mean ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ahmad-rabbat
Community Member

Hi , I hope you doing well

I get my first client 🙂

but when the client sends me an offer I can not apply

and this message appear: "This client's account is on a temporary hold. Once the issue is resolved, you can accept their offer"

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
petra_r
Community Member

Ana R wrote:

What is this mean ?

It means the client's account is suspended at the moment and you can not accept their offer or do any work for them until (if) it is resolved.

florydev
Community Member

It is most likely a temporary thing Ana, there is just some problem with their account.  I generally guess it is a problem with their payment method.

I would message the client and say something innocent like "It looks like UpWork is not letting me accept the offer at this time.  They said it has to do with how your account is setup."

vrajesh51193
Community Member

how to solved this problems ?

Vrajesh T wrote:

how to solved this problems ?

The client needs to do something about his payment method. Until then, do nothing. 

ahmad-rabbat
Community Member

Hi , I hope you doing well

I get my first client 🙂

but when the client sends me an offer I can not apply

and this message appear: "This client's account is on a temporary hold. Once the issue is resolved, you can accept their offer"

Hi Ahmad,

We truly appreciate you reaching out to us here on behalf of your client. However, we are unable to discuss details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. We hope you understand. Please check this help article for more information about the most common reasons for account holds. 

I have checked your account and it looks like you still need to complete your ID verification. You can start the process by clicking "Get Started" once you're logged in. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Mr.Arjay 

Yes, I told the client that he need to contact the site's support, and after that, the problem had been solved 🙂

Thank you I really appreciate your help.

I cannot accept a job offer from a client. It says client account on temporary hold. Perhaps because the client sent his contact number on messages because he didnt know. However I told him to keep communication on upwork. Please respond urgently

Hi Haris,

I'm afraid that we can't discuss the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. Your client should've received a communication from Upwork informing them of their account status and they'll work with the relevant team to resolve their issue.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I am having the same issue. I am unable to accept the offer with the same error message. Kindly help me resolve it. Client did not sent her contact number, but she sared the login credntials (email and password) of the zoho and mail chimp account, she created for me in order to get started. 

Hi Areej,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies or using a different browser? If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to be investigated further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

~ AJ
Upwork

Hey could you help everytime when i try to accept an offer this appears This client's account is on a temporary hold. Once the issue is resolved, you can accept their offer. I already put my bankaccount on upwork and completed my account but i still cant accept the offer

Hi ! I am the client, I don't understand the probleme ? Especially that I receive an email confirming the payment for this ! Details of the email below, so I really dont understand the problem ?

Hi Clemence,
A payment of 89.19 EUR ($84.00) was applied to **Edited for Community Guidelines** financial account.
If your total bill is over 135,000.00 USD, your payments will show up as separate transactions.

Hi Clemence,

I have checked and can confirm that there is no restriction on your client account. The payment you're looking at is a funding request for a milestone on a Fixed Price contract. You may want to check your Transaction History on your client profile for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ahmad-rabbat
Community Member

I have this same problem Unfortunately .
What can I do about that ?!
and when I asked my client he told me that the money went out of his account to the site 😞

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members