Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This contract has been paused by Upwork

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Silvana Francesca D Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
1 of 6

Hi.

I was hired some months ago as an online tutor. 

Some weeks ago, due to important family problems, I was forced to quit this job.

I wrote to my employer soon and he told me that, once solved anything, I could have started over my job.

At the moment I know that he is trying to arrange a new schedule to allow me to go back to my job but, on my profile, in MyJob section, I read "This contract has been paused by Upwork.

I would like to know what it means.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

Silvana:

Don't worry about this.

Upwork automatically pauses a contract after a period of inactivity. (3 or 4 weeks... I can't remember exactly how long.)

A client can unpause the contract at any time with the click of a button.

When you're ready to work, just contact the client:

"Frank, thank you for your patience. I'm ready to resume working again. Upwork automatically pauses contracts after 3 week of not logging time. If you go into your client-side interface, you can select the contract and click the un-pause button and I'll be able to log time again. Thank you!"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Silvana Francesca D Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
3 of 6

So kind and clear!

Thank you so much!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tom R Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
4 of 6

It means that while the client hasn't ended the contract the contract is paused. So I believe that hourly means you can't track time on the app not sure about fixed. In the end it means that any work submitted during the hold period is free on your part because the client is in now way obligated to pay you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tom R Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
5 of 6

Or what Preston said. Though I haven't had a contract paused for inactivity yet but it's totally possible.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
6 of 6

I have a couple that get paused from time to time.  Preston's right.  It just requires a click on the part of the client to restart it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS