Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is Such a Weird Situation

melaniekhenson
Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
11 of 12

Thanks, everyone.

The consulting thing has never actually been my idea. It's something that three separate clients (one not via Upwork) have brought up to me now, so I'm wondering whether this isn't something I might want to look into. But I wasn't considering it just yet. Right now, though I have years of experience writing and being published, this is my first go at Upwork so my goal currently is to establish and grow a client base here (as my longtime client is scaling back and I need to put eggs in a few other baskets going toward the future).

My immediate goal was not to look into consulting, as fascinating and as much fun as it is. I just keep finding it thrust upon me, LOL.

But yes, it really is nice to have a vote of confidence, either way.

melaniekhenson
Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
12 of 12

So it is a month later, and I contacted my client to ask him if he wouldn't mind closing the one project we worked on, pausing the one that never got started...he replied and said that was fine but hasn't done either.

I have been searching but can't seem to find an answer to this. If ultimately I close these myself, will something terrible happen because one was closed with no hours at all logged? **bleep**, I'm frustrated. The client told me a while ago that he was waiting for a check to come in before assigning me more work but that didn't happen. I can't force him to give me work on this contract that I didn't even ask for in the first place. I just don't even know what to do.

The thing is that this represents two contracts inactive with him, plus a third from another client who doesn't respond to my contacting him, following a strong start with great communication, then a tiny milestone and then crickets.

I just don't know what to do. I am meanwhile continuing to work. I have another ongoing client, and another return client....but I don't know if all this will be enough to offset three open inactive contracts.

The magic three month mark is up in February.

Just....argh.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS