cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is alarming. Has it happened to you?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
11 of 71

Hi Pat, 

Where are you seeing it on your end? I checked your "My kudoed" post list and do not see the threads you identified.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
12 of 71

Avery O wrote:

Hi Pat, 

Where are you seeing it on your end? I checked your "My kudoed" post list and do not see the threads you identified.

Avery, they're not within "My Kudoed Posts." They're within "Posts I Kudoed," but I did NOT. Now there's even a new one in "Crazy Job Postings" that states I kudoed it, but I did NOT.

I must leave now and won't be back on until sometime tomorrow. I'd sincerely appreciate knowing what is going on. Needless to say it's quite disconcerting. 

Community Guru
13 of 71

I realize there appears to be a humorous side to this situation. However, it's not as humorous to me since it's directly impacting me. Perhaps it's occurred to others, but they're unaware. Perhaps some would care, and others would not. IMO one should definitely care.

Included within "Posts I Kudoed" which I know I did NOT as I did NOT give any kudos during these time frames:

Today: Job Success Score

Yesterday: 

1. This is alarming. Has it happened to you?

2. Crazy Job Postings Part II

3. Hippies

4. Journaling the end

Two Days Ago:

1. Job Success showing 75% on my profile which... (Douglas Michael M's)

2. Identity Verification Taking Forever (Joanne Marie P's)

If there were any prior to these time frames, I'm unaware of them.

As a result of the aforementioned, I won't be giving any kudos until this situation is resolved at which time I'll update this thread.  In the meantime if you receive any kudos supposedly from me, they're NOT.

I'm going to directly contact Lena regarding this. Hopefully she'll be able to assist.    

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
14 of 71

Hi Pat,

Thanks for following up on your initial posts, we're looking into the issue and while we don't have an update at the moment, we can confirm this isn't a security concern and we've identified the same problem with kudos on one of our team member's Community profile. W'll follow up with more information as soon as possible.

Community Guru
15 of 71

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Pat,

Thanks for following up on your initial posts, we're looking into the issue and while we don't have an update at the moment, we can confirm this isn't a security concern and we've identified the same problem with kudos on one of our team member's Community profile. W'll follow up with more information as soon as possible.

Thanks, Vlad. I was definitely leaning towards bug vs. security concern, but it never hurts to "be safe rather than sorry."

Perhaps the same problem being id'd w/ a team member's profile will assist in quicker resolution. It definitely does need to be resolved as soon as possible. Appearing to kudo posts; especially those that there's absolutely no way one would kudo, can negatively impact one's credibility... 

As I've previously shared, I'm not going to kudo anyone's posts until this is resolved. Reminder-if anyone receives a kudo from me during this situation, it's NOT from me. 

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
16 of 71

Avery O wrote:

Hi Pat, 

Avery, I can confirm. One of the posts that Pat supposedly kudoed was actually removed from coffee break (from Journaling to the End) because it was dodgy, in fact I commented on it because there seemed to be an odd link, which I reported. Anyway that post and my post disappeared. However, I did look to see who had kudoed this strange post, and was surprised to see Pat's name - so surprised that I asked her about it, thinking I had perhaps made a mistake in my own response to it. 

Pat obviously had not kudoed it and was concerned - and it is a matter of concern. 

Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
17 of 71

Pat is a serious and well-respected contributor to this community. If she has noticed this, I have no doubt that it is happening. Wouldn't be the first (or even the strangest) bug to affect Upwork.

I will check my own kudos history. I know that there are definitely some postings that I would NOT want to be associated with! (Just as I am sure that others within this community would be reluctant to offer kudos to specific posts of my own.)

Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
18 of 71

I'd change all my passwords related to Upwork ASAP......

Community Guru
19 of 71

Baris A wrote:

I'd change all my passwords related to Upwork ASAP......

Baris, I'd planned to do that but thought I'd initially wait for Lena's response to determine what may be occurring. I PM'd Lena regarding the situation 5 hours ago and Goran (appeared to be the Mod on duty at the time) 4 hours ago to reinforce to Lena. Robot Frustrated

Since it appears that neither have read the messages as of yet, I decided to accomplish changing my Password and Security Question. It's done.

It'll be interesting to see if the situation is resolved as a result of that.  Regardless, I'm quite interested in receiving Lena's response.  

Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
20 of 71

If I was the person who used your account I would format my hard disk right away because Upwork can match the computer used to access the site with that person's real user name and find out who that is...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS