cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is alarming. Has it happened to you?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
21 of 71

Baris A wrote:

If I was the person who used your account I would format my hard disk right away because Upwork can match the computer used to access the site with that person's real user name and find out who that is...

Guys, I think a hacker would have better things to do than sprinkle random kudo on random posts.

I see and appreciate that Pat is upset (although personally I would not make a mountain out of a molehill... sorry - personal opinion) 

It is most likely just another bug, rather than something sinister.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
22 of 71

Bug or not. I would feel pretty creeped out if it happened to me. 

Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
23 of 71

Petra R wrote:

Baris A wrote:

If I was the person who used your account I would format my hard disk right away because Upwork can match the computer used to access the site with that person's real user name and find out who that is...

Guys, I think a hacker would have better things to do than sprinkle random kudo on random posts.

I see and appreciate that Pat is upset (although personally I would not make a mountain out of a molehill... sorry - personal opinion) 

It is most likely just another bug, rather than something sinister.

My that message was intended like "press alt f4 to boost your internet speed" for the imaginary person who stole Pat's password. (Like make them panic and format their hard disk).

If you don't believe me you can press alt f4 to boost your internet speed.

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
24 of 71

Nichola, Janean, Baris, and Vlad---please consider yourselves kudoed from me since I'm not doing that until this situation is resolved. Smiley Frustrated

Community Guru
25 of 71

Here's an update.  It still appears that I'm giving numerous kudos, and I'm NOT giving any.

In addition, I'm unsure if this is coincidence or not.  I received an email from UW "An unknown device or browser has been used to access your account."  It suggested if I didn't recognize the activity, to reset my password.

Since I knew I hadn't logged in at the time stated, I went directly to the UW site; rather than clicking the link in the email, and AGAIN changed my password.  In light of events I'd just changed my password and my security question on Monday.

I'm going to PM:  Lena, Vlad, and Goran with this information.  Needless to say I'll greatly appreciate insights and even more so when this is resolved.   

Community Guru
BEST ANSWER
26 of 71

Pat M wrote:

Here's an update.  It still appears that I'm giving numerous kudos, and I'm NOT giving any.

Yes, I came straight here having seen that "you" gave kudo to one of mine...

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
27 of 71

Pat M wrote:

In addition, I'm unsure if this is coincidence or not.  I received an email from UW "An unknown device or browser has been used to access your account."  

That is especially alarming, and I don't think it's a coincidence ... looks like this might indeed be turning into a security issue.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
28 of 71

Okay, okay. I won’t log into people's accounts anymore. But, you guys you must understand that it's the only possible way for me to get kudos.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
29 of 71

As an update I still have NOT kudoed.  In addition, I have NOT designated any Solutions/Best Answers.  However, Petra's most recent post is noted as one. ??? 

Community Guru
30 of 71

Pat M wrote:

As an update I still have NOT kudoed.  In addition, I have NOT designated any Solutions/Best Answers.  However, Petra's most recent post is noted as one. ??? 

I was as shocked and bewildered to see that as you are-.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS