Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

This is an insult to the profesionals

Active Member
Francisco G Member Since: Aug 7, 2019
1 of 31

50 scenes/illustrations per 25$

I saw a lot of offers like this one. I thought this was a serious website. I think Upwork should review the offers posted and place some limits. I can understand that someone who live in somalia maybe can´t pay 50 Usd for an illustration but on the offer that I attached the client is from UK. I attached the offer and an example of the scenes he is looking for. Really? 50 scenes like these for 25 dolars?

This is frustrating.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
2 of 31

you forgot the possibility of $10 bonus! lol

well - you can see the client's history - 4K spent on 583 hires...

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 31

Francisco Javier G wrote:

50 scenes/illustrations per 25$

I saw a lot of offers like this one.


It'll do your blood-pressure no good at all if you feel insulted by such job posts, simply skip them and move on, they are not for you and you are not for them.

 


Francisco Javier G wrote:

I think Upwork should review the offers posted and place some limits.


No Thanks, I would much prefer Upwork not having to raise their fees even further to pay for that sort of thing. There are freelancers for that sort of job, and jobs for your type of freelancer.

The freelancers who accept that sort of job are not your competition, and that type of client would never hire you anyway (can't afford it.)

 

You can't expect Upwork staff to make judgment calls what the "limits" should be for all the tens of thousands of job posts in hundreds of different categories and circumstances. That idea is plain nuts.

 

 

Active Member
Francisco G Member Since: Aug 7, 2019
4 of 31

Did you removed my post? We can´t talk about this on the forum?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 31

Francisco Javier G wrote:

Did you removed my post? We can´t talk about this on the forum?


We can talk about it, you just can not name a client or show their job post.

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
6 of 31

Francisco Javier G wrote:

Did you removed my post? We can´t talk about this on the forum?


Welcome to Upwork. You also can't include your full name on your profile. 

Lots of rules here. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 31

Tonya P wrote:


Welcome to Upwork. You also can't include your full name on your profile.


Sure?

Active Member
Ambrož B Member Since: Aug 7, 2019
8 of 31
Petra R. wrote:

Petra R. wrote:

Francisco Javier G wrote:

50 scenes/illustrations per 25$

I saw a lot of offers like this one.


It'll do your blood-pressure no good at all if you feel insulted by such job posts, simply skip them and move on, they are not for you and you are not for them.

 


Francisco Javier G wrote:

I think Upwork should review the offers posted and place some limits.


No Thanks, I would much prefer Upwork not having to raise their fees even further to pay for that sort of thing. There are freelancers for that sort of job, and jobs for your type of freelancer.

The freelancers who accept that sort of job are not your competition, and that type of client would never hire you anyway (can't afford it.)

 

You can't expect Upwork staff to make judgment calls what the "limits" should be for all the tens of thousands of job posts in hundreds of different categories and circumstances. That idea is plain nuts.

 

 


I agree with you Petra, that if Upwork staff had define the price standards, it would be a mess, but still, for example a freelancer in Somalia can work the whole his life on 5USD/hour, and can be a very experienced then. But freelancers in North America, Europe, Australia, etc cannot work on such rates very long Smiley Tongue

Still maybe some limitations could be good. For example a client needs to hire at least some of the freelancers from his own region. Or some limitations for example: client cannot hire a freelancer for 3/hour if avarage salary there is 30/hour Smiley Tongue . I saw some very low budget project from clients in USA and Australia ....

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
9 of 31

re: "Still maybe some limitations could be good. For example a client needs to hire at least some of the freelancers from his own region. Or some limitations for example: client cannot hire a freelancer for 3/hour if avarage salary there is 30/hour. I saw some very low budget project from clients in USA and Australia"

 

Ambroz:

I appreciate your creativity.

 

But one of the main purposes of Upwork - from the beginning of its existence - going back to its predecessor companies - is to allow clients to meet and hire freelancers from all over the world.

 

Upwork is not going to require clients to hire a certain percentage of freelancers from their own region.

 

And this is good, because it means when YOU (as a client) hire freelancers through Upwork, then YOU are not restricted regarding where you can hire freelancers from.

 

This is also good for YOU as a freelancer, because it means that clients are NEVER prohibited from hiring you based on where YOU are from or whey they are from. Upwork clients have complete freedom to hire you, regardless of where they live.

 

These freedoms are part of what makes Upwork such a great platform to work on.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
10 of 31

re: "Or some limitations for example: client cannot hire a freelancer for 3/hour if avarage salary there is 30/hour"

 

I know you're simply brainstorming here...

But to be clear about something:

 

The minimum allowed hourly rate on Upwork is $3.00/hour. This is the rate regardless of where the freelancer lives.

 

Hourly freelancing rates are not the same thing as hourly rates paid to employees, and they are not the same thing as salaries.

 

You appear to be suggesting that Upwork's hourly minimum rate should be varied according to the average amount of money people earn in a given place? But the average earnings in any given place include people who are dish washers in restaurants, and people who are CEOs of large corporations. Brain surgeons and coffee shop baristas and plumbers and pop stars. I'm not sure how such a number would be useful in setting Upwork policy.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS