Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is how I started this year with upwork

Highlighted
Community Guru
Chris M Member Since: May 6, 2015
21 of 22

@Igor Y wrote:
...C. (probably best one) You can post a job, interview and message freelancers, but when it's time to hire, you can't unless you have your payment method verified and milestone/whole budget funded. Sure, it can cause a delay, but if you're in a hurry, just start verification process right away. This way everyone is happy: freelancers get their money for work they've done and clients don't need to go through the hassle of verifying unless they're sure that they will hire person here.

Hi Igor,

Yes - that sounds like a good option. Can't hire until your payment method is verified. So the 'Funded' message will only display if the payment method is verified.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
22 of 22

Stolen CC IMO. You have to incorpoate a few losses into your prices. Just the cost of doing business online. All those insurance and theft costs in stores are passed on to you as a consumer. Same thing here.

This is also one of the risks of working with someone new. It's very frustrating and I'd post some info on ripoffreport and consumerreport (I think that's the other one) to make sure the person's name showed prominently in search as a CC thief and scammer.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS