Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is kinda how it went...

Highlighted
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Feb 20, 2009
1 of 4

Person 1 - Just finished a 30-min video interview with a client. Hope I get the job!

Person 2 - 30 minutes unpaid? So much for 3 minutes to hire...

Person 1 - Unpaid and unsure whether I'd get hired. 3 min to hire is bull

Highlighted
Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
2 of 4

Oh man, I have 2-3 hour interviews sometimes.

Video interview?!  Um... No.  I don't really see the point in this.  I've never had to do a video interview before.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 4

ugh I'm getting more and more people want to talk to me and it eats my time. The flip side is that the people who Skype or chat with me are more likely to hire me, so I kinda feel better about the gig.

Yesterday was kinda a bummer. Spent about 1-2 hours with a customer I've been working with. They liked my paid sample in another department. Spent time on kickoff phone call. After call, they hand me "my" sample to get started. Well, that wasn't my writing.

A few hours later: Oh, sorry we contacted the wrong person. Just kidding, you're not chosen. LOL

What a lovely day. I'd pretty much swallow a whole bottle of pills if it wasn't for my dog some days.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 4

Somebody totally missed the point here!

Three minutes to hire is not for the contractors. It is for the clients.

Upwork markets to and makes money from clients.

Three minutes to hire is a marketing pitch to attract clients.

It is also a reality. I have hired contractors in three minutes many times, including highly proficient network engineers who totally helped me out with very complex problems. And also great graphic designers.

A 30-minute unpaid I interview is also great if you are a client. it is also known as a free, 30-minute consultation. A client would have had to pay me at my hourly rate for that 30-minute "interview", but the contractor in your example gave it away for free. The client should be very pleased.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS