🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » This is new - kudos to Upwork!
Page options
robin_hyman
Community Member

This is new - kudos to Upwork!

I just completed a fixed-price project and received an overlay image with the client's feedback offering me the option to post it on LinkedIn. 

Well done, Upwork!  Terrific feature to help freelancers promote themselves AND Upwork.  

96 REPLIES 96

Hi David,

You are referring to a feature we are currently testing that allows freelancers to share great feedback they receive on their completed contracts with their network on LinkedIn. Since it's a test, it may not be available to all freelancers and on all contracts. However, we'll inform the Community if there are any changes. 
I appreciate your sharing your feedback about the test and will make sure to forward it to the team. I've also merged your post with a thread where this test has been discussed.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Playing the Devil's Advocate here but I caution all freelancers to thoroughly read and evaluate this entire thread prior to clicking on "yes" for dual posting on LinkedIn or any other venue.

+ 1000

I don't know, but I think it's quite risky 😞

kuzmichov_paul
Community Member

That's awesome! Thank you for screenshot! I had this notification as well, but I accidently closed it. My question is how to share it still even after you closed it? Cause it has "Not Now" option, there might be an opportunity to share it even after it's closed.
Does anybody knows hot to do it?

Ever since Garnor M. left and joined LinkedIn I have been waiting for some sort of new feature designed to "help" freelancers "grow" their business on/via the other platform...

Ela K wrote:

Ever since Garnor M. left and joined LinkedIn I have been waiting for some sort of new feature designed to "help" freelancers "grow" their business on/via the other platform...

Was Garnor M a freelancer or a moderator? 

Miriam H wrote:

Ela K wrote:

Was Garnor M a freelancer or a moderator? 

He was a Moderator.

Ela K wrote:

Me too!  One wonders who is doing the back scratching

@ Miriam H

Garnor was a director of Upwork. He is now a group marketing manager on LinkedIn. You can check his profile on LinkedIn. 

I keep my social media accounts (for what they are worth) separate and will continue to do so. 

hillaryseo
Community Member

I got a feedback recently from a client and there was a pop-up image showing me the feedback and an option to share on LinkedIn. But I mistakenly closed the tab. 

I returned to the feedback page and didn't see the "Share" option again. Please, how do I get to see it?

Thanks

Hi Hillary,

Unfortunately, the option to share the client's feedback is no longer available on this contract, since it by design appears only on contracts on which feedback is yet to be submitted. Please feel free to use the feature and share the client's feedback next time you complete a contract and see the pop-up. Congrats on providing great work and experience to your clients!

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Hillary,

Unfortunately, the option to share the client's feedback is no longer available on this contract, since it by design appears only on contracts on which feedback is yet to be submitted. Please feel free to use the feature and share the client's feedback next time you complete a contract and see the pop-up. Congrats on providing great work and experience to your clients!

Wait so are you saying the freelancer has to choose whether or not to share the feedback on LinkedIn before they even know what the feedback is?

kbadeau
Community Member

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not too jazzed about using a "feature" that comes with this warning:

"Feel free to consult about further questions with your legal adviser."

Hi Kelly,

The freelancer will see a pop-up asking them if they'd like to share feedback they received with their network on LinkedIn right as they submit their feedback for the contract. That pop-up will display that feedback, so they can view it before they share. It is, however, not possible to go back and access that pop--up later.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Hillary,

But then why is there a button with the option that says "Not Now"? What's the point of that? Why couldn't the testers use something else? And why wasn't there a proper announcement about this test/feature -- a freelancer had to come and post about it here!

In any case, I am going to give this "sharing review" thing a try. Because, anyway, how on earth would Upwork know whether I gain a new client because of sharing that review? Unless you want to admit that Upwork has insight into our off-site communications.

Edited to add: Ew, ok I just tried it. It cut off about 3/4 of my client's (really nice) review. Not ideal.

Isabelle Anne A wrote:

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Hillary,

But then why is there a button with the option that says "Not Now"? What's the point of that? Why couldn't the testers use something else? And why wasn't there a proper announcement about this test/feature -- a freelancer had to come and post about it here!

Isabelle, ever the optimist to think you'll get an answer to this question.  Smiley Tongue

Virginia F wrote:

Isabelle, ever the optimist to think you'll get an answer to this question.  Smiley Tongue

Lol, I know, I keep doing that -- expecting that Upwork will take our feedback/concerns/questions seriously Smiley Frustrated I don't know why I never learn!

researchediting
Community Member

I've just seen for the first time the option to share client feedback. Luckily, the feedback was coherent and typo-free as well as aptly laudatory. Unfortunately, on clicking the share button there are only two options: send as a message, or post.

A message? Out of the blue? Really? To whom? Why?

And nobody in my LinkedIn network would ever think to post such a thing. Posts are for passing along information of interest in one's field, with or without comment, and occasionally to mark publications or similar milestones/accomplishments. A certificate-style graphic with a client review? Um, no.

Hi Michael,

I believe you're referring to the feature that allows you to share the feedback you received with your LinkedIn network. Regarding the message box, its purpose is to accommodate additional custom content which will be displayed in the same post with the graphic that contains the client's feedback. It's optional and you can post the feedback without adding a message. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Michael,

I believe you're referring to the feature that allows you to share the feedback you received with your LinkedIn network. Regarding the message box, its purpose is to accommodate additional custom content which will be displayed in the same post with the graphic that contains the client's feedback. It's optional and you can post the feedback without adding a message. 

Thanks for the clarification, Vladimir! This is not at all clear from the interface.

Best,

Michael

Douglas Michael M wrote:

I've just seen for the first time the option to share client feedback. Luckily, the feedback was coherent and typo-free as well as aptly laudatory. Unfortunately, on clicking the share button there are only two options: send as a message, or post.

A message? Out of the blue? Really? To whom? Why?

And nobody in my LinkedIn network would ever think to post such a thing. Posts are for passing along information of interest in one's field, with or without comment, and occasionally to mark publications or similar milestones/accomplishments. A certificate-style graphic with a client review? Um, no.

I rarely disagree with you Michael, but I think this can be a good way to market one's services. Though I suppose it could be considered rather tacky in some sense Cat Embarassed

I just don't appreciate the legalese that comes with using this feature and that it's not particularly well though-out.

develop619
Community Member

Hi

Recently I received good feedbacks from my clients. For some reason I did not shared the feedback before.  After few days I thought of sharing the client feedback on social media.

How can I do that ? I dont see any share feedback option. Please help.

Hi Mr. S,

Congrats on doing a good job! It sounds as if you've already left feedback on this contract. If this is the case, the option to share the client's feedback on LinkedIn is no longer available since it appears only on contracts on which feedback is yet to be submitted. We're currently testing this feature and I'll share your experience with our Product team.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
shawnric
Community Member

Hi there - At the end of my last project I opted to share the positive client feedback to LinkedIn. I wish I had done this for other projects I have received positive feedback for. Is there a way to share client feedback to LinkedIn after the job has ended?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shawn,

Unfortunately, there is no way to do so currently as we are still improving this feature. We are working on adding this ability though. Stay tuned!

~ Bojan
Upwork
shawnric
Community Member

Thank you - for now I just made an image of the feedback and added it to my
work experience on LinkedIn - at least people can see it there!

Hi.
Congratulations everyone. Appreciate all of your efforts.
I am a new aspiring freelancer and have just got my first project completed. Can anyone tell me how exactly I can share my review on linkein? Would be really grateful

Hi Pratik,

You can share your feedback by going to your profile under Find Work, then under Work History and Feedback, kindly click on the share feedback button. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
dkvis
Community Member

Hello, 

I have just finished the project and I wanted to share Client's recommendation on LinkedIn but I accidentally closed the window where I could share the feedback. 

Where can I find an option to share this feedback manually?

Piotr D wrote:

Hello, 

I have just finished the project and I wanted to share Client's recommendation on LinkedIn but I accidentally closed the window where I could share the feedback. 

Where can I find an option to share this feedback manually?

Hi Piotr, 
You can copy the feedback and paste it in Linkedin as a post. You need to post manually, even it would not be a banner. There is no option for that to share directly to Linkedin after that banner disappear. 

Piotr,

I suggest not posting your feedback manually.  It looks fake and forced.  Next time you get great feedback, remember to post.  

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Piotr,

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to manually share the feedback you received after closing the pop-up, as we are still improving this feature. We are working on adding a way to share to LinkedIn from your Work History so you can share past feedback too. Stay tuned and congrats on a job well done!

~ Vladimir
Upwork
mandaliya-pooja
Community Member

Recently I got a feedback from my client.

But by mistake I have closed the popup of shareable link.

So, I am not able to find the shareable link of my feedback.

I want to post it in my social media account.

Please help me to find the link.

Hi Pooja,

You are referring to a feature we are currently testing that allows freelancers to share great feedback they receive on their completed contracts with their network on LinkedIn. Unfortunately, the option to share the client's feedback is no longer available on this contract, since it by design appears only on contracts on which feedback is yet to be submitted. Please feel free to use the feature and share the client's feedback next time you complete a contract and see the pop-up.

Congrats on providing great work and experience to your clients!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Pooja,

You are referring to a feature we are currently testing that allows freelancers to share great feedback they receive on their completed contracts with their network on LinkedIn. Unfortunately, the option to share the client's feedback is no longer available on this contract, since it by design appears only on contracts on which feedback is yet to be submitted. Please feel free to use the feature and share the client's feedback next time you complete a contract and see the pop-up.

Congrats on providing great work and experience to your clients!

Thank you.

With the client's permission we could do this anyway, without Upwork's intervention and without mentioning Upwork.  

Hi Aleksandar, 

Thank you for your reply. So, I can't use it for all the projects that I have completed on Upwork. I have received great feedback from client and wanted to just spread the word among my connects on LinkedIn.

Regards,

Palak

I have a recently finished contract this month (March 2020) and yet the share feedback is still missing. Can you clarify this. Thanks!

Hi Rosalito,

I checked the contracts that ended this month and it seems that everything is working as expected.

For contract #22694250, the share feedback button is already showing on your profile.

For contract #23955617, the share feedback button will show up once the contract itself shows up on your Work History. The contract will show on your profile once the payment for the contract has already been processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
palak-vasani
Community Member

Hi,

I want to confirm if I can share Upwork client's feedback on LinkedIn.

I want to know if there is any restriction to it and if as a freelancer we need to adhere to any specific format to share.

Please guide me if there is any article or policy that I can refer specific to this. 

Thank you for your guidance in advance.

Regards,

Palak

Hi Palak,

Thank you for your interest in using this feature! This feature gives you an easy way to share with your business and social network the great feedback you’ve received. The opportunity to share your clients' feedback will appear if you have a public freelancer profile, in the form of a pop-up after you've ended a successful contract or alternatively be available via the "Share Feedback" button next to the completed jobs in your Work History.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for your reply. So, I can't use it for all the projects that I have completed on Upwork. I have received great feedback from client and wanted to just spread the word among my connects on LinkedIn.

Regards,

Palak

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members