cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is really frustrating. My Girlfriend Got Suspended after Earning +$1k!!!!

tomleto
Active

Well, this is really absurd

My girlfriend just got an email saying that her account was suspended because she has made "too much" bids without "many contracts or earnings. Unfortunately, this means the jobs posted by clients are not a good match for your skills." 

This is unprofessional, unacceptable and disrespectful to all freelancers on Upwork. This seemingly "friendly" platform is now permenanetly suspending freelancers with accounts that earned over a thousand dollars!! How on earth is this measured? What are the criteria? 

The last payment she got was on the 6th of December. We took a vacation, and we just got back to bidding two days ago. She got a couple of responses to her bids (made exactly 8 bids in two days), and got accepted today through an interview, just to find her account suspended! She's already being accepted and ready to hire, whereas the "Team" is saying, basically, that her skills are not valuable to the platform. 

This is completely absurd, and now they're asking us to go through a tedious, burrecratic process of providing documents to "PROVE" her skills; whereas she has already got hired multiple times for her skills and earned nearly $2k with remarkable feedback.

I don't know what to say about this. If this is going to take much of our time, and if we're not compensated for the wasted effort, we're both leaving the platform and joining another one. I've been freelancing for the past three years, and I've never seen a platform treating their good employees this way. 

What have you got to say about this, community?

2 REPLIES 2
cylver1z
Community Guru

Hello Abdelrahman,

I'm sorry to hear that your girlfriend's profile was suspended. However, if your girlfriend wants to appeal this decision, she can email us at marketplace-appeals@upwork.com. Please note each case will be manually reviewed by our Trust & Safety team to decide if her account can be reinstated. Please know that we don’t make decisions like these lightly and wish her the best of luck in her future endeavors. Thank you for understanding.

Untitled
holymell
Community Guru
After only eight bids? That's scary.

I hope she gets her account back. They always say specifically that this only happens to people who spam proposals and never or very rarely get jobs. But if she got one job of the eight proposals she sent, that's more than a 10% conversion rate.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS