cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This might be why it's so hard for freelancers to find work here...

Highlighted
Sue M Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
1 of 8

The new messages appearing on the waiting, waiting, waiting waiting page are interesting...

Apparently there are 14 million freelancers on upwork.

Also, there are 3 million jobs posted on upwork each year.

I'm no maths nerd, but by my calculations, that would mean that there is enough work for less than 25% of all upwork freelancers to get 1 job per YEAR!

Awesome!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
2 of 8

Sue,

If someone gets several jobs per year it means they are pretty awesome then!!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
3 of 8

@Suzanne N wrote:

Sue,

Gee Suzanne...what it someone gets like 4 jobs. The goose that laid the golden egg!!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
4 of 8

@Jean S wrote:

@Suzanne N wrote:

Sue,

Gee Suzanne...what it someone gets like 4 jobs. The goose that laid the golden egg!!

Depends on the client and if it is long term or short term. It could be the goose that laid the golden egg....

I haven't worked but a couple jobs on here and I make enough to take care of the bills. So I guess it would depend on the length of the contract and the money earned. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 8

@Sue M wrote:

The new messages appearing on the waiting, waiting, waiting waiting page are interesting...

Apparently there are 14 million freelancers on upwork.

Also, there are 3 million jobs posted on upwork each year.

I'm no maths nerd, but by my calculations, that would mean that there is enough work for less than 25% of all upwork freelancers to get 1 job per YEAR!

The number of registered users is irrelevant. Most are probably inactive.

Then there are masses who will never be hired by anyone in their right mind.

Of the 3 million jobs posted each year, a large percentage does not get awarded.

Looking at bare figures alone does not give an accurate picture.

Winning 10 jobs a month sounds much better than winning 10 a year, but what if those 10 a year pay thousands on average, and those 10 per month pay $ 12.78 on average?

Highlighted
Community Leader
Aaron H Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
6 of 8

Your numbers are innacurate because you haven't taken into account the Inactive and canceled jobs or the inactive and more often just unhireable freelancers.

The people getting work are the ones working for it. Don't complain, improve your game.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
7 of 8

Numbers of users, whether active or inactive..

Number of lakes in Finland

Percentage of clients who say that they prefer this washing powder over another...

Real Italian name for Pinocchio?

Perrrleeease...

Will you just say...

Sorry, but this page is taking a long time to load. We really should improve it, and are seriously making efforts in that direction, as we accept it is unreasonable and unsatisfactory in a professional environment.. In the meantime, please go back to your work and look back in a while...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 8

What it means is that, on average, the typical user has one job that last for four years.

So that is an impressive number... Most contractors working so regularly, for a single satisfied client for four years, who provides them with enough work and pay that they don't need to look for additional jobs. :-)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS