cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This participant has left the conversation. They will not receive any future messages.

m_njari
Community Guru
MERCY N Member Since: May 6, 2015
1 of 7

Hi,

What does the above message actually mean?

I've been getting these of late and I initially thought those were clients whose accounts have been closed. But when I noted this morning in one of those message strings that I'm also part of the exiting lot, I got confused.

Me

This participant has left the conversation. They will not receive any future messages.

I'd not joined any chat room or anything so why the message? Besides, my account is still active. Anyone who can shed light please?

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

Mercy,

It is yet another bug. I posted something similar today in the below thread.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/New-Message-system-your-thoughts/td-p/90042/page/12

I have Interviews showing up for last  year with the same message. And when I try to hide them a bunch more pop up. It is annoying as heck.

View solution in original post

m_njari
Community Guru
3 of 7

Thanks Suzzane!

I just hope some of those return clients won't imagine our accounts are closed.

m_njari
Community Guru
4 of 7

BTW, I'd made the effort to search for a similar thread earlier on. I guess I'm not really good at it.

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
5 of 7

Mercy,

I have spent way to much time on this forum Smiley LOL I know where to search only cause I was reading earlier and posting earlier. I go through my spurts. Then I disappear for awhile and have to search and don't always find another thread that fits so I start a new one. No harm done.

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
6 of 7

I've had 30 messages so far in the last two days because of one piddly job I did last Christmas. This site is doing my head in.

m_njari
Community Guru
7 of 7

Smiley Frustrated

Isn't that clutter? You can easily miss out checking an important message in the numerous 'pings'.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS