🐈 Community
sivavranagaro

This site is totally breaking apart...

Now we get updated Team Tracker, but other two things get broken.

This is messages. I can't send any message through oDesk, weather using Chrome or Mozilla, and attachments, ... I have to reply to my clients through email I get.. and upload a file separately to dropbox then link it to the message.

And I tried to report this bug to Support but it seems after the window, which tells me how many freelancers are in front of me, loads it just crashes and gets back to a page from where I click on the Live chat button.

Yes, I did reset my PC:

Cookies and cache were cleaned yesterday when I had a problem with uploading portfolio piece.

I'll check now if Team Tracker is still working because I have to work.

Sorry for bad grammar.

Same situation here,  I'm trying to send an urgent transcript to a client and can't get it to her.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
oquintela

I'm not able to send messages either. I'm waiting for Live Chat...

Just read on their Facebook page that the team is aware of the problem and working on it.  🙂

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

Thanks for posting Katrina. Our team is aware and working on the issues affecting messaging and adding manual time.

I tried replying to a milestone approved message right now, and I got a Sending message error. Luckily, I happen to have the client's email. Maybe a week ago you couldn't apply to any jobs for several hours, and now this. It makes all the talk about 'improving' the platform sound hollow.

There's another thing I just noticed--my profile now displays Job Success. Next to it, there's a popup that explains what that is. It also has this link:

Learn more

When I click the link, I get this message:

You do not have access to this topic

You do not have access to this page. Please contact the account owner of this Zendesk for further help.

Is this another snafu, or is this information for clients only?

Same situation here. I have a translated file that I need to send, and I don't have any other way to contact my client. How long will it take to fix this bug? Thank you.

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
―Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Mattia,

I read somewhere that logging out, emptying cache, then logging back in might help. I haven't tried that myself, so ymmv.

Thank you, John ... unfortunately, it didn't work out. I've just tried with Firefox instead of Safari... doesn't work either. And it's a pretty urgent translation. **bleep**'.

iPhone app? But not sure you can send an attachment with that, anyway. Otherwise, I guess you keep your fingers crossed, or perhaps finger a rosary.

I have an Android phone Smiley LOL

I'll just wait and cross my fingers. Thank you so much anyway Smiley Wink

ponchovc

NOT WORKING, SINCE YESTERDAY AND SIncE SOME WEEKS odesk its been very unstable and slow..

Anyways i cant send Messages, i cant apply... main thing i cant send messages...

Why is happening this?

Well, just to let you know that I managed to workaround the issue, sending the translation via the milestone approval request button (which I don't like... I prefer the usual message system). 

I think it is wrong to say that oDesk is "breaking apart."

I like to think of it as "breaking bad."

ODesk is the Walter White of websites.
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

Our Engineering Team has informed us that the issue that prevented messages from being sent has been fixed. Please, let us know if you are experiencing any further issues.

We appreciate your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

Will the messages we sent earlier be relayed to the client now or do we need to resend them?

Gyan