cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This top rated freelancer just cancelled his membership, and you should too.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Jordon B Member Since: Jun 16, 2015
1 of 6

Well, I've had enough.  

Since the change to Upwork things have been getting worse here.  Just glancing at the forums you can see that a lot of freelancers are dissatisfied and are calling for changes to the rating system.

Apparently we've been paying for better support too, who here has recieved it?  I have a ticket regarding feedback opened 3 weeks ago and still have zero answers, and all the forum moderaters just echo the same generic 'just do better' to those asking here why Job Success and Feedback Score are so messed up.

Today I cancelled my personal and agency memberships and requested a refund, and if you're as dissatisfied with the inaction and general lack of decent support or response on these matters then I suggest you do so too. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jonathan P Member Since: Jun 28, 2015
2 of 6

I just put up post that is similar to this. It feels like upwork isn't favoring the freelancers enough. No help with landing gigs and the contracts have been at the point where you are spending more time looking at gigs than applying to them.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 6

Hi Jordon,

I am sorry about the delay and the frustration this has caused you. I have followed up with the team that is working to fix the issue that affected your feedback score and forwarded your feedback to them.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
Patrick P Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
4 of 6

I tried out a membership for one month. Just can't justify the cost. The jobs I've landed or scored interviews for are those where I put 15-30 minutes into the cover letter/questions. Well, at a certain point I need to get work done or go back to my day-to-day life, and I can't justify spending an hour to two hours each workday applying to jobs. Standard connects for me.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Jordon B Member Since: Jun 16, 2015
5 of 6

That is frustrating Patrick, but I try to keep a few fill in the blank scripts that I reuse to to bid on jobs.  This helped me cut down some time for bidding on jobs in my niche, maybe it can help you too.

I also ask a few questions to help me qualify them as a good lead or not right off the bat, and refuse to do any sort of free work they offer to 'test' my qualifications, but suggest a small paid job instead.  

I won't even quote people unless they pay for the discovery period, otherwise I'm always left with hidden tasks that I couldn't plan for.  I've also increased my rates to make up for that time spent administrating and looking for work.

I've had a lot of success here in a short time, and I was just ready to bring on some of my business partners for an Agency when these sudden unexplainable drops in my rating started to happen.  It makes me wonder if the outsource their support and engineering to the lowest bidders within their own site it's so horrible lately.

Also, my screenshot showing the lack of support was edited out.  Not sure why for just a screenshot of a timestamp, but of course no explanation is offered up for that and the assurance that the engineering team is working on it is suppose to be good enough! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
6 of 6

There are more things broken here than there are things that work properly and it just gets worse every month.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS