🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Though I am Top Rated and 100% JSS - Not gett...
Page options
html5devloper
Community Member

Though I am Top Rated and 100% JSS - Not getting invitation from past 3-4 month.

Not getting invites and profile shows less paying jobs most of the time. 

5 REPLIES 5
richardsmith94
Community Member

Dennish K wrote:

Not getting invites and profile shows less paying jobs most of the time. 

Dennish, is this just a statement of fact, or are you looking for some help from other forum members?

varungs
Community Member

This is likely due to Upwork's recent change limiting the number of invites that clients can send out without paying money. If you want more jobs, you can't solely rely on invites unless you're truly top-tier, so start sending out proposals.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dennish, 

I would recommend that you check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Hopefully, this helps you with your Upwork career. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

Is there an article that deals particularly with invites, and how they work? I would be interested in reading it, for future reference. Being new, I'm not looking for invites at this point, but I am curious because I've seen this complaint before about dwindling invites. If I'm reading the OP correctly, it doesn't appear that proposals or his profile are the issues, it's the dwindling invites. Do clients have a different protocol now than they did before that could be slowing down the invites? What changed in the protocol? Any direction you can send me for information would be great. Thanks!

Hi Susan, 

We can never say for sure why (if there is any) invites have declined. In some posts, I have read that some freelancers have received a good number of invites, while others say that that the holiday season (and a few weeks after that) affects their invite rate. 

However, I can confirm that clients in a specific membership plan will only have a number of invites they can send out. The number of invites they have does not affect the number of proposals they can receive. You may read more about the Client Membership Plans here.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members