🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Thoughts of following up with potential c...
Page options
tanya-mikhaylova
Community Member

Thoughts of following up with potential clients?

Hi!

I am wondering what other freelancers do in regards to following up with potential clients. For example, if they invited you to interview, you had a great chat, and they said they will get back to you shortly. You can see that they didn't hire anyone and are not interviewing others. Do you contact them and politely check in? What do you say? Do you just let it be? If you do follow up, how long do you give it? 

I am not sure what the best practices are in such situations, but I have a ton of active proposals with similar circumstances. 

Wondering what everyone elses take is on the situtation. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

If you must, do that once and no more.

Upwork does not work the way traditional marketing methods work on the internets, whereby you would message your potential clients regularly to build rapport, etc.

On Upwork, a client can report you if they deem you to be messaging them excessively.

jr-translation
Community Member

Tatyana M wrote:

Hi!

I am wondering what other freelancers do in regards to following up with potential clients. For example, if they invited you to interview, you had a great chat, and they said they will get back to you shortly. You can see that they didn't hire anyone and are not interviewing others. Do you contact them and politely check in? What do you say? Do you just let it be? If you do follow up, how long do you give it? 

I am not sure what the best practices are in such situations, but I have a ton of active proposals with similar circumstances. 

Wondering what everyone elses take is on the situtation. 

Thanks!

Most of the time I leave it be (but that might be because I have work without fixed deadlines I can go back to when I have nothing else to do). If I am interested in the job, I follow up once, telling the client I am scheduling my next week and need to know if I should put aside time for him.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths