cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threatened & extorted by client

dkatria
Katarina Đ Member Since: Aug 31, 2017
11 of 53

Why was my post, in which I explained serious problems with a client, removed without any explanation?

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
12 of 53

If you named names here in the forum, that is not allowed. Serious problems with a client are best dealt with using Upworks customer service and opening a ticket.

ETA: It may also have something to do with the fact that you already had a long thread with responses here:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Does-UpWork-deal-with-clients-blackmailing-freelancers/m...

dkatria
13 of 53

I did not name a client. I also complained about Upwork support as they did nothing to help me with that situation and left me hanging without a proper response for days and then fed me some nonsense.

The problem escalated from that one, as he requested a charge back, so I though making a new thread was a better option. But if that indeed is the reason, wouldn't they just close the thread, not delete it completely? 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
14 of 53

You need to make sure that you follow the:

Upwork Community Guidelines

Don't take it personally if a post is removed.

I've probably had hundreds of posts removed. It doesn't always mean you did something wrong. Sometimes posts are simply moved or edited or deleted for purposes of clarity and flow.

dkatria
15 of 53

Thank you!
The only one I suppose I broke was "posting something overly negative". Nevermind the fact that my issue is in fact overly negative and very very real.

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
16 of 53

Your post may well have been merged with another thread with a similar topic.

dkatria
17 of 53

I hope that is the case, but wouldn't I receive a notification via e-mail? :/

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
18 of 53

re: "I hope that is the case, but wouldn't I receive a notification via e-mail?"

SOMEtimes.

Not all the time.

You're more likely to receive an email message if the moderator thinks you did something egregious and need to be informed about the rules a bit.

If your post really was removed without any notice at all, then the moderator may have just been cleaning things up, or may have thought you really didn't need to be told anything.

Possibly a moderator saw the post, about a client, and agreed with you in principle... but felt that the post couldn't be left in place. I never read what you wrote... If it was pretty harsh... maybe there are ways you could post essentially the same information in a more concise and less caustic manner.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
19 of 53

oh **bleep** her whole thread got killed lol

I wonder if it was the auto-mod.

Ace Contributor
Mizan M Member Since: Mar 22, 2015
20 of 53

Yes, this occurred to me as well. Without any explanation, my post was removed.

Although, it was instated later on a private query to a forum mod.

We expect some explanations as to why the post is removed.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS