Hi Everyone !
I am here on Upwork exactly from one year. In one year I worked for 1,111 hours on upwork with 99% job success rate. I remained a lot of busy during the year with some good clients. I am now free from yesterday and started looking for fresh jobs. I have following three problems:-
1. Getting completely wrong jobs invitations (not matching my professionality).... Why this is happening?
2. Can't apply with my default profile payout rate of $3.00, so I increased rate to $3.33. Is there any change in lowest payout rates?
3. Searching for new jobs are completely different now. I have to wait the browser to auto update the fresh jobs ? because I can't refresh jobs in browser?
Waiting for some professionals reply on this.
Solved! Go to Solution.
To quickly answer your questions (forgive my not-so-profesional reply)...
1. The algorithm is bad, it's the same for everybody.
2. I don't know, but with so many hours, I'd try and raise my hourly rate a bit. If the category isn't one that pays well, maybe try to slowly change it?
3. I've only been here for a year, but I know that hitting the refresh page will make jobs appear faster
My reply may not sound professional, but I will write it anyway.
You have a good profile with an amazing job success score. My first suggestion is to increase the hourly rate. You deserve more than 3$/hour. It may take some time to land a high paying job, but still it is better than many low-paying jobs.
Second, your profile focuses on your dedication, hard work and not much on your skills. By this I mean, your profile does not seem to have many keywords. Upwork has a search engine and we must learn to add keywords according to their algorithm.
Add 1-2 keywords in the first line of your profile. Do not add too many keywords. Add some testimonials in the beginning.
Check the Upwork search suggestions in the "find freelancers section".
I personally receive many unrelated job offers, but I have gained 4 valuable customers from these invitations. I think that relevant keywords will increase the quality of job invitations because we are dealing with search engines and not humans.
If a client doesn't find you in first 2-3 pages, he/she will not hire you regardless of your dedication, job success or impressive reputation.
I do not have to refresh my browser to see new jobs. It happens automatically.
Here are some answers for you questions.
1- It happens to everybody (i think it's system problem).
2- Upwork's current lowest rate is 3.33/hr, i was not here this time last year but i think there was probably lower rates than the current 3.33/hr.
3- New jobs appear in my job feed without refreshing the pagem, but they are hidden however once you click on the link that says "1 new...." it will appear.
Recently, we hosted an event with Upwork's Engineering Lead, Mike Maietta. In this event, we introduced this new tool, and Mike demonstrated how to use it and answered questions.Learn More
Upwork partnered Red Bay Coffee and artists commissioned from our own platform to bring the Wake and Make blend to life. We asked the creatives to share their freelancer journeys.Learn More
Virtual Talent Bench enables you to easily discover and connect with talent. Learn more about building custom lists of talent, adding tags, notes, and more to move your business forward.Learn More
Loom addition in messages provides more ways to easily communicate and share information on Upwork!Learn More