cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbnail in portfolio is blurry

Stanislav V Member Since: Feb 10, 2017
21 of 73

Hi there, 

I have a problem with a quality of last projects thumbnails for my portfolio. 

I'm not comfortable with poor grade of it.  

Any tried methods to improve it (formats, dimentions, compression etc) are to no avail.

Only one try was successful, but to another one it doesn't work.

Is there any method to make my thumbnails look legible?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
22 of 73

Hi Stanislav,

I just checked your thumbnails on my end and they are not blurry at all, I also downloaded them and the quality is great. On my end everything works as designed, if you`re seeing something else on your end feel free to send me examples via PM. Thank you.

Untitled
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
23 of 73

Hello Stanislav, I make my thumbnails larger than needed and save as png. I also leave a white border around so that when I crop on the profile page I don't have any problems. Those I saved as jpg seem to be blurry. Please check my thumbnails. You can try this if you like. Green is the actual thumbnail, white is white.thumbs.png

Stanislav V Member Since: Feb 10, 2017
24 of 73

Thanks  Baris, 

That rised hopes! The picture became a bit sharp in accordance with your mockup, but noise remains. It looks like a bug, because I had a test last week and everything was fine. I took high quality without any manipulations. 

Unfortunately, my question has still opened.

Daniela F Member Since: Aug 3, 2018
25 of 73

Hello all,

I´m having issues showcasing my latest design on my portfolio, the thumbail looks blurry and pixelated, It's already in .png and I've tried resize it a few times, but it still looks bad.

Could you please help me with this?

Thanks a lot!

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
26 of 73

Hi Daniela,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Daniela F Member Since: Aug 3, 2018
27 of 73

Thank you, Bojan.

Joshua G Member Since: Aug 3, 2018
28 of 73

download.jpg

For one example, started recently, has the thumbnail portion of the portfolio host poor upload quality. I am uncertain about the solution of this matter as it appears to be happening to all the portfolio items.

Antonio R Member Since: May 22, 2018
29 of 73

Same here, I've tried several methods and suggestions from other topics, the one that used to work for me was exporting files in 1345x1000px for thumbnails purposes, PNG, but I just noticed it doesn't work anymore, even clearing cache and cookies, or trying different browsers.

Does anybody know an effective method? This is especially important for us photographers/graphic designers, if a client looks at your profile and has a bad first impression of it, it can discourage him to go deeper into it.

Please Upwork Team,

Fix this.

Right now you can check my profile and some of the portfolio's thumbnails look great (from when I used the 1345x1000 method months ago), but the newest ones just suck.

Daniel M Member Since: Aug 19, 2018
30 of 73

I have been trying to upload new thumbnails and have the same issue.
It is weird, because my older projects do have high quality.

Resizing the image is completely broken too, it will pixelate like crazy.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS