Did you mean: 

Thumbnail in portfolio is blurry

chillynguyen
Ace Contributor
Nhu Nhu N Member Since: Dec 27, 2016
21 of 75

Hi,

Thank you for your respond.

I asked my friends to take a look at my profile, and it still remains blurry. (as you can see in the attached file, having the same size, the right one is clearer.) 

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
22 of 75

HI Nhu Nhu, 

I wanted to check the type of file you uploaded, and the file size so that I can share it with the team. 

~ Avery
Upwork
chillynguyen
Ace Contributor
23 of 75

Hi, this is the latest file I used.

Thank you so much!

s_volokitin
Stanislav V Member Since: Feb 10, 2017
24 of 75

Hi there, 

I have a problem with a quality of last projects thumbnails for my portfolio. 

I'm not comfortable with poor grade of it.  

Any tried methods to improve it (formats, dimentions, compression etc) are to no avail.

Only one try was successful, but to another one it doesn't work.

Is there any method to make my thumbnails look legible?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
25 of 75

Hi Stanislav,

I just checked your thumbnails on my end and they are not blurry at all, I also downloaded them and the quality is great. On my end everything works as designed, if you`re seeing something else on your end feel free to send me examples via PM. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
barada00
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
26 of 75

Hello Stanislav, I make my thumbnails larger than needed and save as png. I also leave a white border around so that when I crop on the profile page I don't have any problems. Those I saved as jpg seem to be blurry. Please check my thumbnails. You can try this if you like. Green is the actual thumbnail, white is white.thumbs.png

s_volokitin
Stanislav V Member Since: Feb 10, 2017
27 of 75

Thanks  Baris, 

That rised hopes! The picture became a bit sharp in accordance with your mockup, but noise remains. It looks like a bug, because I had a test last week and everything was fine. I took high quality without any manipulations. 

Unfortunately, my question has still opened.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
28 of 75

Hi Nhu Nhu and Stanislav,

I wanted to ask you if you wouldn't mind submitting a support request and including the Portfolio sample in question, along with adding all information you have that could help our team review the difference in image quality you're seeing? Our team is already aware of an issue and working on resolving it but I'd like to confirm the problem you're seeing is caused by the same issue. In addition, our team will also be able to update you directly through the ticket once the issue is resolved.

Untitled
chillynguyen
Ace Contributor
29 of 75

Hi,

Thank you for your support. I've just submitted a support request (hope I did it right).

becky1995
Rebeka V Member Since: May 14, 2018
30 of 75

Hi there, i would like to ask why my portfolio thumbnail pictures look so blurry. I tried various dimension and different file formats and no matter what i do they still are blurry. I would appreciate your help on this!

Cheers,

Rebeka Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS