cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tickets pending for over HALF A YEAR

iaabraham
Community Guru

I’m turning to the mods for help because CS, as usual, is useless.

I have two unresolved tickets regarding bugs on my profile – one was created NINE months ago and the other SIX months ago.

The most infuriating part is that CS has marked these tickets as solved because they do not have an estimated time to resolution. I keep getting told that the engineering/technical team is “working” on it, but I highly doubt it.

Can anyone in this line of work confirm that it can take this long to resolve a profile bug? If it really is that complex, then of course I have to be patient. But I want to know if I have to wait another year for these to be resolved, or if someone from Upwork can be honest with me and tell me not to bother because nothing’s going to happen.

If a moderator could please help, the ticket numbers are: 5842093 and 10056978. (The first issue is much more urgent than the second.)

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Isabelle Anne,

I've checked with our team and we don't have an ETA for fixing the two minor anomalies affecting your profile. Our team will update your tickets once they have more news but feel free to follow up with them and request an update.

Untitled

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Isabelle Anne,

I've checked with our team and we don't have an ETA for fixing the two minor anomalies affecting your profile. Our team will update your tickets once they have more news but feel free to follow up with them and request an update.

With respect, Vladimir, the reason I posted in the forums was precisely to avoid the kind of response you've just given me. When am I supposed to follow up on this then? In 2019?

Honestly, is this what I get for 20% fees?

Also a note that since they are taking so long to resolve, these are obviously not "minor anomalies"; besides, one error essentially renders my portfolio useless.

Before you feel the need to edit or delete my post for rudeness, please consider my frustration that this has been going on for NINE months!! Is that not a significant time frame in Upwork's world?

Can I just get an honest reply from someone - are they really working on this or not? Because from your and CS' posts, it sounds like they haven't even bothered to look into it yet.

@Isabelle Anne A wrote:
 Can I just get an honest reply from someone - are they really working on this or not? Because from your and CS' posts, it sounds like they haven't even bothered to look into it yet.

As noted by Vladimir, "I've checked with our team and we don't have an ETA for fixing the two minor anomalies affecting your profile. Our team will update your tickets once they have more news but feel free to follow up with them and request an update." 

That is our honest reply Isabelle. These issues are not considered to be high priority as they aren't affecting a significant number of users, nor are they affecting your ability to pursue and work on contracts. These aren't the only criteria we look at when evaluating the priority of a bug/issue, but in this case it's likely what's resulting in the time it's taken to get them fixed. There is no immediate plan to fix them.

@Garnor M wrote:

That is our honest reply Isabelle. These issues are not considered to be high priority as they aren't affecting a significant number of users, nor are they affecting your ability to pursue and work on contracts. These aren't the only criteria we look at when evaluating the priority of a bug/issue, but in this case it's likely what's resulting in the time it's taken to get them fixed. There is no immediate plan to fix them.

Perfect, I will check back in 5 years. Maybe by then Upwork will get its act together.

elastella
Community Guru

A few days ago I discovered that one of my tickets had been marked as solved and closed.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-15 um 11.45.38.png

The issue is far from being resolved and the request was only created 2 months ago. When I click on "create a follow-up" it only lets me open a completely new request with no reference to the previous ticket at all. User-unfriendly.

Obviously, this means that Upwork doesn't want to talk about that problem anymore. 

Which, quite frankly, is unacceptable given the most recent developments pertaining to that particular request.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

@Ela K wrote:

A few days ago I discovered that one of my tickets had been marked as solved and closed.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-15 um 11.45.38.png

The issue is far from being resolved and the request was only created 2 months ago. When I click on "create a follow-up" it only lets me open a completely new request with no reference to the previous ticket at all. User-unfriendly.

Obviously, this means that Upwork doesn't want to talk about that problem anymore. 

Which, quite frankly, is unacceptable given the most recent developments pertaining to that particular request.

Have you been asked if you have been content with CS after your ticket/problem has been declared as "solved"? My ticket for the agency who subcontracts on hourly jobs was declared as "solved" and the hourly jobs are still there. After that I was asked how I would rate the support I have received and I had to rate it "bad".

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ela,

I think I found the ticket in question, related to jobs you reported. I see our agent double-confirmed that your report was reviewed and appropriate action has been taken, and closed the ticket as per the guidelines Customer Support is following.

If you are referring to a different ticket please let me know.

Untitled

Valdimir,

I cannot remember ever having had a ticket "closed for comments".

I am referring to ticket # 15740215.

In the end, nothing has been done about it. Everything is back to the way it was prior to reporting the issue.

Which is incredible given how obvious and brazen the violations are. 

Lessons learned: I won't report violations ever again. Upwork tolerates this kind of conduct. 

Ela,

I checked and the team addressed violations you reported in that ticket. They also explained why they are not able to share more details about actions taken. We appreciate your vigilance and, rest assured the team does review reports against Upwork ToS. We won't, however, be able to make the details about our internal processes public.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS