🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Time/Payment issues
Page options
7abb509e
Community Member

Time/Payment issues

Hi. Iam a freelancer who works with upwork. Upwork app on my desktop takes screenshots every 15 to 14 minutes and only adds 10 minutes to my time on the counter. I would like someone from upwork to please reach me regarding this issue. More than 100 minutes have gone unaccounted for and as have lost more than 300 dollars in the process. I will send the video as proof of who ever contacts from upwork.
2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hafsa,

Please open the Desktop app > click on the Settings Cog > Support & Feedback and submit a support ticket directly from the app.

This way your logs will be included as well and our team will be able to investigate this further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Hafsa E wrote:
Hi. Iam a freelancer who works with upwork. Upwork app on my desktop takes screenshots every 15 to 14 minutes and only adds 10 minutes to my time on the counter

That isn't how it works.

The tracker takes 6 screenshots every hour, one per 10 minute segment. As soon as the screenshot is taken, the segment becomes billable, and it doesn't matter whether the screenshot was taken on the first minute of the segment or the last minute of the segment. 

That means that as long as you are active, every hour will have had exactly 6 screenshots. Those screenshots can be up to 19 minutes apart, or 1 minute apart (depending on where in the 10 minute segment they fall).

But every screenshot adds 10 minutes (one segment), even if it was taken only 2 minutes after the last, and on average (!) the time between screenshots is 10 minutes.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members