🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time Setting
Page options
3611245c
Community Member

Time Setting

Hello, I discovered that the time on my upwork account doesn't match my local time. It's always an hour late, and I can't find my time zone in the listed section too. It should be African time.(GMT)

What do I do? I'll appreciate a response soon. Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi DayeAbasi,

I checked this for you and you should be able to update your Time Zone under your location information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan, I actually think that perhaps the platform actually has not accounted for daylight savings time - ever since the hours changed, my clock has been one hour off and I assure you that I am definitely in the right time zone setting.

If someone could look into this that would actually be super appreciated as it caused me some confusion last week with trying to schedule a client call for someone in a different time zone. Thanks!

Your profile shows US EST, Gina. 

I know what my setting is? My messages are time stamped differently, and the time for other clients who are also EST shows up as an hour earlier than it actually is. It seems the issue is only on my computer though which is odd... in the mobile app it is correct.

Hi Gina, 

I looked into this and can say that the time displaying on your end is accurate based on your time zone (UTC-05:00 Eastern Time (US & Canada)). Is it possible that your computer's time has not updated? If you suspect that there's an issue, please send us more information such as screen grabs, making sure to blackout any identifying and/or private information so that our team can look into this further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery, see attached.

Hi Gina,

Thank you for sharing these screenshots. I've escalated your concern to the team so that they can look into the issue further. One of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members