🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time Tracker Desktop App not wanting to updat...
Page options
alexibalfieri
Community Member

Time Tracker Desktop App not wanting to update...

Hello--

I'm running the Upwork Time Tracker desktop app on my Mac with Big Sur operating system. The app is continually prompting me to update it, but every time I try, it tells me the update has failed to download. I've tried this on high speed internet at my library, and it still fails. I am currently using version 5.6.4.1 of the app, and it's working for me, thankfully. However, I fear there will come a time when it will crash as an old version of the app.  Can someone help me troubleshoot the possible problem?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexi, 

Could you please sign out of the app and sign back in to see if it forces the app to load any updates on our side? If this doesn't work, please sign out of the app, and uninstall the old version. You can download the latest version here. You may also check this article for troubleshooting tips. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexi, 

Could you please sign out of the app and sign back in to see if it forces the app to load any updates on our side? If this doesn't work, please sign out of the app, and uninstall the old version. You can download the latest version here. You may also check this article for troubleshooting tips. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Okay, I successfully installed the latest and greatest version (5.6.8.0) of the Upwork App on my Mac. And problem solved! It's not prompting me to update the app every two hours and failing to download the update every time. Hallelujah!

qmaeye
Community Member

Sorry for what is going on the problem maybe from your computer version please update your computer version and try again

Thank you, but problem solved with a download of the latest version.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members