🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time Tracker: Serious ISSUE
Page options
kellycarreon415
Community Member

Time Tracker: Serious ISSUE

I am experiencing a serious issue with my time tracker. there are many gaps in my work hours. and my employer is not obligated to pay manual hours. this has caused me to lose money for work I am owed. this is not right, as employees we trust UpWork is on our side as well as the employer to make sure everyone is being compensated fairly. most importantly UpWork takes their portion of the earnings as well. And it is mentioned that when your computer is idle for too long it stops tracking time. but, I've tested this theory and it is untrue. I have noted times where I am actively working and it is stil not accurately taking note of my work. I am very unhappy about this experience with UpWork. this is my lively-hood and without earning what I am due I am unable to cover my bills. I am very unhappy that UpWork is not mindful of this. If anyone else is having these problems please, chime in. 

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Kelly C wrote:

I am experiencing a serious issue with my time tracker. there are many gaps in my work hours. and my employer is not obligated to pay manual hours.

The tracker tracks time where there is keyboard and / or mouse-activity.

If there is no keyboard / mouse activity for any 10 minute segment, that segment will not be charged to the client and not paid.

And clients are obligated to pay manual time, manual time is "just" not protected in case a client disputes or fails to pay Upwork (in the latter case the client is suspended...)

Edited to add: Presumably you are not actually trying to track time on a non-supported version of Windows as per your previous post last month?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members