🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time Tracker activity question
Page options
bbrondsted
Community Member

Time Tracker activity question

I am using the TT for the first time, and I have read that aside from screencaptures it logs clicks and typing as activity. 

However, the project that I am working on starts with proofreading - as such there might not be a lot of activity in terms of clicks and typing - does Upwork take into account the kind of activity that is performed in case of a dispute?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bjorn,

Maintaining adequate and fair activity level is one of the requirements for qualifying for Upwork Hourly Protection.

If you don't anticipate that you'll be able to meet this requirement and depending on its scope, you can communicate with the client and discuss possibly setting up a separate Fixed Price contract for the proofreading portion of work in order to be covered by Fixed-Price Payment Protection. Alternatively, you can consider adding manual time or asking the client to issue a bonus but note that Hourly Payment Protection doesn't cover manual time and bonus payments. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bjorn,

Maintaining adequate and fair activity level is one of the requirements for qualifying for Upwork Hourly Protection.

If you don't anticipate that you'll be able to meet this requirement and depending on its scope, you can communicate with the client and discuss possibly setting up a separate Fixed Price contract for the proofreading portion of work in order to be covered by Fixed-Price Payment Protection. Alternatively, you can consider adding manual time or asking the client to issue a bonus but note that Hourly Payment Protection doesn't cover manual time and bonus payments. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

It seems my levels are okay - they are all between 8-10, except a few weird ones at the end of a section, that has like 3 or something, but that is because I switched it off and stopped working in a ten-minute slot I assume. I will waive them if the client insists, but I assume the tracker is built to even it out and be fair to all parties.

Thanks again.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths