🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Time Tracker not opening
Page options
karanc17
Community Member

Time Tracker not opening

Hello

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the upwork desktop app about 20 times, however, everytime I try to open it I am only able to see the "messages box" and am unable to see the time tracker window. Kindly help, I have tried a lot but to no avail.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7418af6b
Community Member

Hi, I have a same problem. I can't open my tracker then only messages shows up. What I did was uninstall first, then I search "Upwork" on drive C. I deleted all the folder that named upwork then reinstall the app. It worked now. I can use my tracker again.

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58
dd53451e
Community Member

I'm having the same issue, and it keeps doing the same even multiple times of deleting %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Upwork. 

Hi Paul,

I took a closer look at your profile and confirmed it's a client account. Please be reminded that only the freelancer's account/profile can utilize the Upwork Desktop App or time tracker. You cannot access the Time Tracker or contracts if you are logged into your client account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
r_cellon
Community Member

Hello, I need help with my tracker, I can't open my upwork tracker apps when I choose a contract.

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for reaching out to us.  Could you please try the troubleshooting tips shared in this help article? If the issue persists, please report it following the ''How do I report a problem?'' section of the previously shared troubleshooting guide and our team will assist you directly.

If you have any further questions feel free to follow up, we will be happy to help.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a_onyekaba
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I have tried everything and nothing works. Please I need help

Hi Anastestia,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble with the Desktop App. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dukegenon
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

Can you help me about this issue?

My upwork app is forever loading and I can't click a client to run the timer.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Duke

Hi Duke,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try closing your Desktop App completely and try reloading it? Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

This is the first thing we do to try resolve the issue, please have Live Chat 

same issue

Duke was your issue resolved?

f7f4de28
Community Member

My time tracker is not allowing me to start tracking time since this morning, very frustrating when you have clients waiting for you to work and you cant reach someone via live chat to help. I have Uninstalled numerous times, cleared the cche numerous times. sent a ticket through the tracker numerous times. Literally time is money could someone from UPWORK PLEASE PLEASE REACH OUT . 

Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 12.39.52.png

Hi Siphesihle,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with the Desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
avet-sedrakyan
Community Member

Hello, I have a same problem. My tracker shows the blank page when I open it

Hi Avet,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
sovykhunger
Community Member

The tracker is not opening on my side .
error showing

Query: app.js

Trace ID: Failed to fetch
its a 32bit version on Windows 7

Hi Sourav,

Could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Reinstall the app by going to this article Install the Desktop App. If the issue still persists, please provide the following so our team can understand where the issue is coming from:

• Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

~ AJ
Upwork
ahsan_ashik_
Community Member

I need help!

I'm facing a problem with my upwork time tracker. By using my broadband internet connection I can't open the time tracking destop app but if I use my mobile internet connection it's has open and running. On the other hand there is no issue with browsing my profile with destop browser by using both broadband and mobile internet connection. Why this happening to me?

Hi Ahashan,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths