🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Time Tracker not opening
Page options
karanc17
Community Member

Time Tracker not opening

Hello

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the upwork desktop app about 20 times, however, everytime I try to open it I am only able to see the "messages box" and am unable to see the time tracker window. Kindly help, I have tried a lot but to no avail.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7418af6b
Community Member

Hi, I have a same problem. I can't open my tracker then only messages shows up. What I did was uninstall first, then I search "Upwork" on drive C. I deleted all the folder that named upwork then reinstall the app. It worked now. I can use my tracker again.

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58
kam_andru
Community Member

Hi Karan,

If you are using windows, on the bottom right side of the taskbar, there will be an icon of Upwork time tracker, right-click on it to view the time tracker, preview attached below.

TT screen shot.jpg

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, there is no such icon for Upwork time tracker available, I only see one for the Messages app and that's it.

I have the same issue, please contact me. I'm using Windows

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tina,

Could you please try exiting the App, then delete the folder %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Upwork and then re-launch the App again. It will ask you to log in again. Please, let us know if the issue persists after that.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
1a6b8c3c
Community Member

I did that several times, even tried other versions of the app and the time tracker still doesn't show.

Please help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up, Tina.

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
amhi
Community Member

Thanks a lot. It works for me.

I was facing the same problem. Thank you it really worked for me. 

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Karan,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I hope someone from upwork can reach me too. I'm having the same issue right now

Hi Jay-Wie,

I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have this exact same issue. When I right-click on my upwork icon on my toolbar, there is not information on the time tracker. Please assist.

Hi Stella,

I'm not sure what OS you are using, so I'll share troubleshooting steps for both Windows and Mac. Let me know if the issue persists after trying this so that I can assist you further.

For Windows:

1. Exit/close the Upwork app
  2. Delete Upwork folder in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Upwork
  3. Start the app again

For Mac:

1. Uninstall the application
  2. Open the terminal app​
  3. Run this command tccutil reset All
  4. Then run this command mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak}

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I also have the same trouble. The time tracker doesn't show the contract, only the messages. It happened yesterday and I thought maybe it's from my device or I need to upgrade the time tracker version. So, I do uninstall the app and download it from Upwork web then re-install.

I do repeat this 5 times, but it's still not working.

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 7.20.38 AM.png

I used mac 10.10.5 and already did the command as your mentioned.

Please help me.

Thank you.

Hi Sufia,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for the response and support from agent Ruth S.

Time tracker issue has been solved:

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 11.19.17 AM.png

First, uninstall the app, then clear the Upwork app cache in here ~/Library/Application

Reinstall the app version 5.5.0.0

Run this command tccutil reset All 

Final command mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak

Then the app works from the beginning.

Thank you Moderator Aleksandar

Have a great day everyone.

I have the same problem in my mac please help!

Hi Melissa,

I can see that you experienced the same problem a few months back and you've raised a support ticket for assistance.  I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Desktop App again. Could you please try to quit the app, and then reopen it? This will force it to load any updates from Upwork.

If the issue persists, in order for us to properly isolate the issue, please try to perform these troubleshooting steps and let me know once done and what the result is so we can further check and help you with. Please try to uninstall/reinstall the app or please download the latest BETA version of the Desktop App from the following page:
https://www.upwork.com/ab/downloads/

If these steps don't work, please proceed with the next troubleshooting steps: If you're using Mac OS, please follow the steps below:

2. Open the terminal app
4. Then run this command
mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak}
5. Go to the Upwork website and download/install the latest version of the application.
6. If a window prompts asking for the Upwork app to have permission, please accept.

However, if the issue persists, please proceed in providing us with your log files instead so I can forward this to our Technical Team for further checking. Please go to the location listed below, then create an archive of your log files to attach to your ticket.

Mac: Navigate to Go > Go to Folder > Upwork > ~/Library/Application Support/Upwork/Upwork/Logs

We're looking forward to your confirmation. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi, I have the same problem. Can you please specify how to do this?

For Mac:

2. Open the terminal app​
  4. Then run this command mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak}

I don't understand what terminal app means? 

Hi Katarina,

You should be able to find the Terminal App on your Launchpad.

If you need any further assistance please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork

You the man !!! (for anyone searching this in Google so it comes up in on the first page: Upwork desktop app can't track time)

Thanks Aleksandar, this worked for my mac.

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem with login Upwork desktop app. I tried and follow all of this but my app not opening. Please help me to solve this issue asap.

Regards,

Nayem

Hi Abu Nayem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cebd605e
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Thank you for your concern. I got an email from one support member. I tried all types of tips and suggestions (Clean everything, Boot up the PC, Disconnect auto sign in, bla bla) but nothing changed. It's all about the IP issues. I change my internet connection and then everything is fine and solved my issues. I appreciate your help. Wish you all the best.

Regards,

Nayem

Hi, thanks for the help. Your tip worked for me. I suggest everyone if  facing any issue with the time tracker please try to sign out first and agin log in with different internet connection such as mobile data or etc. The issue might be because of the IP address. I hope this solution works for everyone.

Good day! I have same issue I did all instruction that you provide but my upwork time tracker still not working. I need your help to resolve this problem.

Hi John,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with the desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I need help with tracker too.

Hi Alexnader, can i be connected to an agent?
I've gotten into trouble with my client because the Time tracker desktop app keeps crashing, and it wont come on. I've uninstalled and installed it several times same thing.

Please I need this resolved asap
Thanks

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
c02bf9a3
Community Member

Hi I have the same problem with Karan. The time that I worked for today didn't show on my reports. I tried to uninstall and reinstall it too.

Hi Aera,

Please be patient for a few hours so that your time uploaded and your Work Diary to be synchronized. If you`re still not able to view your hours under your Work Diary, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I just tried it again. I reinstalled Upwork desktop app and it's only showing the messages app. The timetracker is still missing it doesn't also appear when I right-click the icon on my taskbar, I have work later in the day and I need to be able to time in. Please help.

Hi Aera,

Could you please try going to Settings on your Desktop App and logging out and back in? Please let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I bought a new MacBook Air with the Big Sur 11.6 OS and M1 chip and haven't been able to launch the Upwork Time Tracker. I opened a support ticket (#32728748) for this two weeks ago. I've been told by Upwork customer support it's been escalated to the highest level and it could take two more weeks (or more) to resolve. I've had to use the manual time option all this time, and I'm concerned about it eroding client confidence. When I try to open the Time Tracker, it starts to launch and then shuts down and reverts to Finder. I'm wondering if a setting or two needs to be changed. I've tried other workarounds listed in Upwork forum strings but nothing has worked. I've offered to do a screen share with Upwork technical support to try different workarounds but they don't want to do that for security reasons. If anyone has a fix for my computer configuration I'd love to hear it. Thanks.  

7418af6b
Community Member

Hi, I have a same problem. I can't open my tracker then only messages shows up. What I did was uninstall first, then I search "Upwork" on drive C. I deleted all the folder that named upwork then reinstall the app. It worked now. I can use my tracker again.

annelorentsen89
Community Member

I have the same problem. I have tried everything! Can someone reach out to me as well? 
Best regards and thanks in advance, Anne

Hi Anne,

Could you please follow the instructions shared in this help article under the "How to completely delete the Upwork Desktop App's cache" section? Let us know if the issue persists and share the OS you're experiencing this with.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths