🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time Tracker not responsive
Page options
65dab6ce
Community Member

Time Tracker not responsive

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I tried to move from tracking time on one contract to another one and the tracker stopped responding. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing.

13 REPLIES 13
wlyonsatl
Community Member

I had the same problem esterday, Remi.

You can see in the following thread what i've experienced in terms of Upwork Support and resolving the problem:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Upwork-Desktop-App-Frozen/m-p/1012445#M638823

Be careful.

Oh wow. That went bad pretty fast.

Have you been able to fix the other problems? And is the tracker working now?

Thanks for sharing Will!

(edited) Now that I think about it, the problem started as soon as I accepted an hourly contract and tried to track time on it. What is happening?!?

Been on the phone with support, nothing is solved yet.

Yes, Remi, the Upwork app and TimeTracker now seem to be working normally.

I'm still trying to fix the collateral damage.

Thanks Will!

I hope you're able to fix those issues as soon as possible, and I really hope I don't have to go through that! Fingers crossed.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Remi,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this issue caused. Could you please check if the time you might have logged previously has been uploaded to your Work Diary? Once this is confirmed, please try performing steps from the "How to completely delete the Upwork Desktop App's cache" section of this help article

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
65dab6ce
Community Member

Thanks Bojan, but I've done that and more. I spoke with support and he walked me through all the steps before he had to escalate to the engineering team.

No one has contacted me yet and I'm frustrated right now.

Tracking time manually today which I'm not entirely confortable with.

I'll appreciate some quick help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Remi,

I can see that the issue you're experiencing has been escalated to the correct team for the investigation. One of our agents will update you directly via your existing ticket as soon as they have more information. 

Thanks for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
wlyonsatl
Community Member

I hope you don't have the same problems, Remi. 

This is a real time suck - and totally unnecessary.

Thanks Will. I really hope so.

Curious, did tech support ask for remote access to your computer to fix the tracker issue?

wlyonsatl
Community Member

No, there was no remote access.

And the instructions I was given had nothing to do with the app's cache. I was told to delete hidden files.

If you dont mind Will, I'm sending you an inbox message.

OK. I will send you an exact copy of the instructions I was given. But I cannot recommend whether or not you should follow them.

Thanks Will! 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members