🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time Tracker not show new contract
Page options
romadhonf
Community Member

Time Tracker not show new contract

Hi there,

I have an issue. I receive a new contract with my old client. I have accepted the offer but I can't find the new contract in my time tracker, at the same time the client restarts the old contract (the price is the same as my newest contract) so I've worked in the old contract time tracker for my latest work.
I have explained to the client about the situation and have finished my work. Should I add a time tracker manually to the new task or just waiting the client response?

Thank you,
Mochamad

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Mochamad Romadhon F wrote:

I have an issue. I receive a new contract with my old client. I have accepted the offer but I can't find the new contract in my time tracker, at the same time the client restarts the old contract (the price is the same as my newest contract) so I've worked in the old contract time tracker for my latest work.
I have explained to the client about the situation and have finished my work. Should I add a time tracker manually to the new task or just waiting the client response?

What you should have done was decline the new contract and use the old contract to do the work, because you are now stuck with either deleting the time from the old contract and adding it to the new contract as manual time (no protection) - or leaving it in the old contract and facing a new contract with nothing earned on it at all, which would, if closed like that or open for months on end, result in a "nothing ever paid" contract. Either way, you now have 2 open contracts with the sam client which isn't ideal either.

Alternatively, you could have closed the tracker down and restarted it, which would likely have made the new contract show up.

Why didn't you ask first and acted afterwards.....?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths