🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Time Tracker remove hourly working time a...
Page options
chitran8983
Community Member

Time Tracker remove hourly working time after deleted some captured pics

Hi team,

Please tell me about scenarios of time tracker working. Because I had a problem I deleted captured pics after 30mins working and clock displayed 0.30 then I turned off then on again, time tracker started from 0 instead of continue.

Thanks,
Chi
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Chi T wrote:
 Because I had a problem I deleted captured pics after 30mins working and clock displayed 0.30 then I turned off then on again, time tracker started from 0 instead of continue.

That is normal. When you deleted the screenshots, you also deleted the time you worked, which will not get paid for. That is why it says 0, you deleted the 3 x 10 minutes so you are back to 0.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chi,

When you`re hired on hourly contracts you will need to track your time so that your clients are billed for the time you have worked. 
Just to clarify, did you meant that you have deleted your tracked time? If yes, unfortunately we can't restore it. 
When you`re working on hourly contracts your clients are billed every Monday for the time tracked in the previous week. If you have any additional questions or something is confusing, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I deleted the captured pics every 10mins then I clicked on OFF button and ON again, I lost 30mins working time. I tried next time to keep the captured pics and clicked on OFF button and ON again, working time was still keeping.

Chi T wrote:
I deleted the captured pics every 10mins then I clicked on OFF button and ON again, I lost 30mins working time. I tried next time to keep the captured pics and clicked on OFF button and ON again, working time was still keeping.

Don't do that either. Don't click off and on, what are you trying to achieve with that?
Just keep working. Do NOT delete screenshots unless they show you doing non-work related things, in which case you need to, but you then WON'T be paid for those segments.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Chi... the amount of time displayed on the time clock... the minutes count you are looking at... you can just ignore that. It has nothing to do with how much you get paid. Look at your work diary for accurate information.

The time-tracker displays some cumulative time counts relating to current session only or previous session, or since the application was launched. Some of that can be confusing until you get used to it.

I checked on My Diary but no data in there, I don’t see anything. Please help me to check Time Tracker.

Hi Chi,

Since you`ve deleted your tracked time your client will not be charged for the 30 minutes you`ve worked, and that is the reason why it is not listed under your Work Diary.

When you track your time, the hours are automatically synchronized with your Work Diary. Also, your clients will be billed every Monday for the time you`ve worked in the previous. For more details about this, please refer to the guide I`ve shared in my previous post. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Chi T wrote:
 Because I had a problem I deleted captured pics after 30mins working and clock displayed 0.30 then I turned off then on again, time tracker started from 0 instead of continue.

That is normal. When you deleted the screenshots, you also deleted the time you worked, which will not get paid for. That is why it says 0, you deleted the 3 x 10 minutes so you are back to 0.

Did not Upwork system separate 2 scenarios between the captured scene shots and the captured working hours on time tracking?

re: "Did not Upwork system separate 2 scenarios between the captured scene shots and the captured working hours on time tracking?"

No. Not separate.

Delete screenshots = delete time segments = delete money

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths