🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time Tracking - Active windows missing from t...
Page options
53ce23b2
Community Member

Time Tracking - Active windows missing from the screenshot

Hello,

I just used the Upwork desktop app for the first time. During my first 20 mins of time, it took two screenshot shots but in the preview/last screen capture it just shows the desktop with wallpaper (no active windows). I am concerned about what the client might think. I have stopped it at 20mins now.

I don't want to take any chances, can someone please help?

Regards,

Amjad

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Amjad R wrote:

I just used the Upwork desktop app for the first time. During my first 20 mins of time, it took two screenshot shots but in the preview/last screen capture it just shows the desktop with wallpaper (no active windows). I am concerned about what the client might think. I have stopped it at 20mins now.

I don't want to take any chances, can someone please help?

Well known issue with Catalina.

Delete the app, and download this beta version 

You should then be prompted to allow the screen-recording in the security settings.

How to Allow WebCam and Microphone with macOS Mojave
Enabling Screen Recording Permission on macOS Catalina

53ce23b2
Community Member

Thank you Petra. I will try this now

53ce23b2
Community Member

Hello Petra,

I tried the beta verison. It didn't work unfortunately. But then I uninstalled and downloaded the latest one available on the main page sidebar.

It looked different (perhapls updated) and worked. So thank you.

petra_r
Community Member

Amjad R wrote:

It looked different (perhapls updated) and worked. So thank you.

Great 🙂 As long as it's sorted. It's been quite a while since I had the same problem, so the beta version is probably outdated!

heather_lusk
Community Member

Follow up question to this same issue. I've tried permissions and this article
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037843634-Activate-Screenshot-and-Webcam-for-MacOS-M...
but Upwork doesn't appear as an option.

Weirdly it worked (took accurate screenshots) for the first hour then I stopped for a meeting. Jumped back on and it's just photographing a blank home screen.

I'm already 1:20 into this job. Updated to say I uninstalled and tried the Beta version and it's not working at all now. Any suggestions for how to track this job officially when the app won't open?  I'm using Catalina 10.15.7. 

Hi Heather, 

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. Could you please check if the time you have logged previously has been uploaded to your Work Diary and once this is confirmed, proceed to this help article for troubleshooting tips? Let us know if you continue experiencing the same issue afterwards.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,
Yes, I confirmed that the time is there, so no worries about that part now. But still unable to use the app.
I uninstalled the old version and installed the Beta version which won't open at all. Not sure what to do. At least with the previous version I could officially track my time even if the screenshots were showing nothing. Also restarted the computer twice. 
Do I track my time manually? It looks like the client has allowed for that, but since it's the first time working for this person and there's a chance for future jobs I would prefer not to go this route. 
I have another project that I wasn't able to track, but fortunately was on a call with the client the entire time so I've requested that he allow me to enter the time manually - I'm guessing that's the best option in that case. 

Hi Heather,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having issues with the Desktop App. I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths