🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time Tracking
Page options
rlgcreative
Community Member

Time Tracking

Is there a way to track my time with upwork without the desktop app and annoying screenshots?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
robin_hyman
Community Member

You can manually enter your hours within the work diary (My Jobs in top navigation --> Work Diary --> click on green button "Add Manual Time").  However, the client can dispute the hours.  The desktop app offers freelancers protection.  Since you're a newbie, I suggest just doing it with the app until you find clients you can trust (and who trust you).

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
robin_hyman
Community Member

You can manually enter your hours within the work diary (My Jobs in top navigation --> Work Diary --> click on green button "Add Manual Time").  However, the client can dispute the hours.  The desktop app offers freelancers protection.  Since you're a newbie, I suggest just doing it with the app until you find clients you can trust (and who trust you).

Good luck!

Thanks Robin.  It's just annoying.   🙂

Hi Rosemarie, 

I wouldn't recommend adding manual time to your Work Diary since it doesn't fall under the Hourly Protection of the Upwork Payment Protection program. Instead, you can go to your Upwork Desktop App's settings, and in the Screen Capture settings, please turn off desktop notifications. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 11.11.30 AM.png

Let me know if you have other questions!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members