🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time mismatch between Work Diary and other re...
Page options
eduardo_noriega
Community Member

Time mismatch between Work Diary and other reports

On Thursday I manually recorded 6 hours in one project (from 11:00 am PST to 5:00 pm PST) and when I went to Reports > Overview, it showed me 1 of those hours on Friday.

I also checked that the same happens if I go to Reports > My Reports > Weekly summary. There I can see that hour recorded on Friday instead of Thursday.

If I click on that project, and in the project details I click on the Work Diary tab and I go to Friday, I can see that hour recorded at 12:00 am.

The problem seems to be that you are recording the hours on UTC instead of using my time zone PST. 

Also if I switch to my agency and go to Reports > Weekly summary, all hours for all agency members are shuffled there too 😞 I use that paid report a lot to monitor my agency hour reporting.

This is a new regression on Upwork. All those reports have worked great in the pass.

3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hi Eduardo,

I'm sorry for any confusion that may have caused. The Upwork system uses the UTC time zone, so if you added those hours from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm PST, it translates to 7:00 pm to 1:00 am UTC, and it appears as such on your reports. Regarding your agency, can you clarify what do you mean by the hours being shuffled? 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
eduardo_noriega
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Thank you for your response.

By the hours being shuffled in my agency I mean that any hour entered after 4:00 pm are shown on the next day on those reports.

Also, please understand that this is a regression as this feature has ALWAYS worked great. Always, if I enter the hour at 5:00 pm it shows at 5:00 pm in every single report, Since last Thursday,  hours are being presented in the reports on UTC, it never was like that, and that is giving us conflicts with customers because they are asking why on Thursday we are entering hours on Friday, if that day hasn't started for us.

I just noticed that the Add Manual Time dialog has a Time Zone field there where we can pick Mine or UTC. Today it has Mine selected and we have never changed that. If the solution of this problem is for us to pick UTC and to enter all the hours on UTC for them to stay the same we can do that. But I want to make clear that something changed in Upwork because we have never used that field and the hour reporting has always worked great.

Regards,

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for the clarification, and for sharing your thoughts about the adding manual time feature. I'll be sure to share this with the team so they can check. In the meantime, please check out the information about this feature here

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members