🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Time tracker/Work diary
Page options
dmoses34
Community Member

Time tracker/Work diary

Hello, I am having an issue with the time tracker as well as work diary. The tracker stays on but doesn't seem to log my time correctly throughout the entire day. For the last 2 days it has been missing time and when I check the work diary it has multiple blank (white) times which don't add to my hours. Today it has already missed 50 mins (5 10 minute slots) and I regularly have to manually update the time. My laptop has not gone to sleep or in a screensaver mode at any point. Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

You are using it as a time clock. It is not a time clock.

It is designed to not record periods of inactivity with regards to mouse/keyboard action.

Oh. Okay. So you're saying if I'm in a video meeting etc and haven't touched my mouse or keyboard for enough time then it would register as "not doing work", thus explaining the empty/blank time slots. Am I understanding you correctly?
petra_r
Community Member

You only get paid for 10 minutes segments that have decent activity levels (activity levels are determined by mouseclicks and keyboard activity)

Segments without activity are not billed.

What exactly were you doing during those segments?

dmoses34
Community Member

It's usually during video conferences which now makes sense to me. Thank you.

Davin:
If you are in a video conference, then you can type notes during the conference and the time-tracker will keep track of your time.

Or just click the mouse a lot on the title bar of your screen. Or click anywhere.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members