🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Time tracker app not connecting to Intern...
Page options
n_kobiakova
Community Member

Time tracker app not connecting to Internet on Chromebook

UPD: When I actually turn the WiFi on my Chromebook off, the app gives me a different error message! 

It says: 

THERE WAS A PROBLEM LOADING UPWORK
Please check your internet connection and restart the app.

And there're 'EXIT' and 'Check Connection' buttons. Once I turn WiFi back on, it goes back to previous error message automatically. 

Hi!

I just installed the Linux version of the Time Tracker app (v.5.1.0.647) on my Chromebook. But I can't launch it. Every time it says "Internet connection not detected. Please check your connectivity setting and restart the app."

The internet connection on my Chromebook works just fine, as I can search the forums and post this. 

Anyone else encountered this issue? 

8 REPLIES 8
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Natalia,

Please try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following ''How do I report a problem?'' section of this Troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Bojan,

I have searched the forums and the troubleshooting articles before I posted my entry. I did not find a solution to my problem.

I can not report a problem directly, as suggested in this very helpful article: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211064058

as I do not see my name at the lower left of the app. I see nothing on the app except the error message that I have reported. Please see the screenshot for more details. 

Hi Natalia,

As Petra noted Upwork Desktop App isn't officially supported on Chromebook. That said feel free to check this thread for more information other users shared as well as this help article for troubleshooting tips on Linux OS.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello- there is a way to download upwork on chrome book through Linux. That is what she is saying. I am having the same problem where it says internet isn’t connected.
petra_r
Community Member

The Upwork tracker does not work on a chromebook as of now, it never has done.

If you want to work hourly jobs, you need to work on a device that is supported, such as a Mac, a Windows device or on Linux.

Hi Petra, 

How about on a Surface Pro 3 that runs Windows? I am having the same problem... 

You can download upwork through Linux on chromebook. Someone in the community posted how. I downloaded it following the instructions but am getting the internet connection error as well.
danison-monique
Community Member

Yes! Were you able to fix the app? I am having the same problem with the updated version. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths